Friday, November 30, 2012

last birthday as a mother of one?

seeing as how we will be spending the day going to music makers, napping, then jetting out to Boston for a night on the town at Fenway's winter wonderland, I think it is safe to say today will be pretty awesome. And while I am not yet experienced in the ways of two-child-dom, little d has turned into my favorite little traveling partner, and we love riding the train ("just like Curious George!" as someone would say) even if it takes four times longer than driving in... but life is all about experiences, and my experience in exploring the city with a little one in tow (especially as it concerns going to Fenway Park) are only increasing in enjoyability. I don't know how paletteable this whole traveling into the city thing is going to be once baby A gets here, so I am soaking it up as much as we can. Wednesday we went to the aquarium and earlier this month we did the Museum of Science. I think I will have to make these little mommy-son ventures at least a monthly thing till April, they are just such good learning experienes for the both of us. Everyone gawks at how adorable and well mannered little d is (how could they not? he's fabulous!), and how I am able to traipse all over town with him and for about 90% of the time he will happily walk on his own. The other 10% of the time I count as strength training because lifting 30 pounds is no small feat.

Speaking of the gym, I ran 3 miles on Wednesday in 38 minutes and ended with a fist pump and a mini strength training session. Monday it took me 30 to run 2. Maybe I'll go wild today and try to pump out an 11 minute mile, or maybe I'll just settle into figuring out that new sewing machine that should be getting in this afternoon. Either way, we can't wait for the Mr. to come home tonight so he can make me a cookie cake with hershey kisses on top.  You read that right. This year, I have no desire for a standard cake of any sort, only a giant cookie, maybe with brownies and a tall glass of milk on the side.

So even if Blogger is being terrible and evil to me and not letting me post any pictures (why do you think I always choose instagram over you???) because I have "reached storage capacity" and this could potentially mean the move to another web service for my blog...still.

27 is looking closer to 21 than to 30 today. Glass half full.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...