Thursday, October 04, 2012

12 weeks pregnant with #2 (a week late)

I am still so tired!! I can't believe how long this first trimester has been. I still have the same issues with eating where I feel so full or so hungry no matter what... I never have that "satisfied" feeling anymore. I feel best the hour a day I am at the gym, and have really gotten into lifting weights again (on my own, not just at classes) and that feeling of being strong and in control is refreshing, not to mention the bonus that it makes it easier to carry little d around. :)

Aversions: Nutella!! Wegetables unless in a salad drenched in ranch dressing. ice cream or anything similar to ice cream. hummus and guacamole... I don't know if I will ever be able to stomach it again. Light/Fat Free yogurts or dressings (I can taste the artificial sweetener SO strongly). Other than that, my sense of smell is not too bothersome anymore...knock on wood.

Cravings: Baked goods. Sour gummy worms. Bacon. Canned tuna (I know, it's terrible, but I only allow myself to splurge once a week on it and I ate tuna all through little d's pregnancy).

Sleep: I've been sleeping better, and been trying to only nap every once in awhile (read: not every single day) but its sooo hard. I don't know how I did it when I was working, or how my fellow pregnant friends who are still working full time are doing it.

Best moment of the week: I had a day where I felt good and decided not to nap and I got SOOOO much done. Feeling a sense of accomplishment is such a big motivator to me on days (or weeks) when I feel I have accomplished nothing at all. Also cutting my hair super short has done wonders for my self esteem since it only takes me about 30 minutes to do my hair (sometimes less!) and it is out of the way, as opposed to being a two hour process (from blowdry to straighten).

Random: I've found myself scouring Pinterest for toddler activities that I can make for little d... I wish I could spend time refurbishing old furniture or painting new canvases but since we are still at my inlaws, little crafts for the little one will have to suffice to keep me busy. Also had a physical and found out I probably have psoriasis and need to get a mole on my stomach (that I never see till I am like 6 months pregnant) checked out post-baby, so that sorta stinks.

Symptoms: TIRED. Bloated. Tired. With a few headaches and side pains (feeling like my ligaments are tearing apart, which I am sure they are). 

What I'm looking forward to: WEEK 14!!!! End of first trimester!!! Also, Food Truck Festival this upcoming weekend so I can get my hands on some pulled pork or chicken BBQ I have been dreaming about since the last FTF.

What I'm nervous about this week: Finding out the gender next month. But mostly finding an apartment this month.

What I miss: Aside from my pre-baby energy, nothing. I am relishing this period of time with little d, he is turning into quite a fascinating little kid.

Weight gain: +3.5


Comparison to #1: Here's weeks 6, 9, and 12 for your viewing pleasure (#1 is on the left, #2 is on the right).... I think it's about the same.

3 comments:

theWife said...

Wow! It's crazy that you show so much at only 12 weeks. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the striped shirt you are sporting in the 12-wk baby #2 photo. Luv Ya!

Missy said...

Aww your belly is so stinkin cute!

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

i love how much you pop out between weeks 9 and 12!! its like there's a real baby in there or something.. (:

ps psoriasis...what exactly will/does that mean then?? are you/baby going to be okay? and will you still be able to see the mole post-baby (if you can't normally see it unless you're pregnant)?

praying for you! and excited for finding out the sex of the baby (!!), hearing about you finding your dream apartment (!) anddddd hoping you like guac again sometime soon (!!!!!).

at least you can still stomach bacon. otherwise i (+ dk) would probably go into shock. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...