Monday, September 03, 2012

Make it: announcing pregnancy #2 and my new discovery

Since the last time around (which I announced at six weeks by the way, so can you tell I had SO much more patience this time around to wait till 7 weeks?), I lacked total creativity and just decided to post my pregnancy test, I actually did a little research in finding the "perfect" way to tell people. Mr. D was actually out of town for travel the week I found out, so we did a google+ chat and I had little d hold this little gem of a sign. The next day was Blake's last day before entering the MTC, so I told him and the in-laws the same way. The looks on their faces were beyond priceless.
This was obviously my favorite way to share the good news...
Creative, wordless, and who can resist those cute black shoes??
Start of the belly bump on instagram...
How I told Mr. D (proof, since I had a false negative a few days before)
Probably the most fun was telling my dad and siblings. My mom and sister knew I was trying to get pregnant so I just told them over the phone, but waited until our family sunday night skype date to tell the rest. We have this little tradition of taking pictures as we skype so I told them to "say, Ruth's Pregnant!" and it was fun to catch the reactions... that photo is still hiding somewhere on my computer.

Obviously, deciding when to tell people you are pregnant is an extremely person decision. The most important thing to me was obviously that my husband and immediate family find out directly from me. After I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks (and everything checked out okay), I went ahead and told my close friends before announcing it on my blog. While I am fully aware that spilling the good news too early can be not so good if something bad happens, I feel like so much of my life is already invested in my blog and if that were to happen, it is simply a part of my journey. That being said, I am extremely grateful for the chance to be pregnant again, morning/evening sickness and all. 

One of the things that makes me feel better is surrounding myself with good smells... ie, baking! Nothing makes a house smell better, and what better thing to make for a lazy Labor day than mini german pancakes? I discovered my MiL's immersion blender and I swear they made my pancakes look and taste so much better since they were blended to perfection! Little d even ate two... possibly because he mistook me saying "german pancakes" as "german cupcakes". Whatever works! Happy Labor Day!

4 comments:

Have Your Way said...

haha well if you can get a kid to eat something by them misinterpreting what you say then kudos to you!!!!

anna. said...

hah i would eat german cupcakes too. love little d eating his sign ( :

Stephanie said...

With my second pregnancy I told people around 7 or 8 weeks and I did end up losing that baby. But guess what?!? Had I not told my friends etc I wouldn't have had the great support system I had when I was devastated with the loss. I was so grateful to have friends/family who knew everything and could help me heal. It was a very hard time and going through it alone would be horrible. Congrats! I hope all is well! I am LDS too and knowing that I will have that child to raise one day helped me also! Good luck :)

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

okay SERIOUSLY I AM MAKING THOSE PANCAKES TONIGHT. they look amazing!!

ps I AM SO EXCITED IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW. just in case. (: (: (: (: (: eeeek and that photo of you telling us is probably priceless...if you ever find it, please post it. hahahahaaa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...