Friday, September 28, 2012

In case you missed it on instagram (mom, I'm looking at you!)

I decided tuesday morning on a whim that my hair was just getting too stinking long. I was spending more time figuring out what to do with it to keep it out of my way than I care to admit. And knowing the impending doom of continual hair growth during pregnancy (and my tendency to make terrible decisions when I'm in my third trimester), I decided I should chop it off now when it can still look cute and balanced with my body instead of in 6 months when my face is bloated and the rest of me fat.

I looked up some hair donation sites and decided on Pantene beautiful lengths, which gives cancer patients with hair loss a FREE wig (locks of love charges the patient), and it is guaranteed that my hair will go to a wig of that sort instead of being sold to a wig shop for profit (from my limited research, it appears that is what LoL does). Also the length requirements are as low as 8 inches with pantene, and my hair was between 8-10 inches that i would get off, and LoL requires 10-12. So I called the lady who does my inlaws hair and she happened to be available that very night... And didn't even charge me since I was donating! 3 hugely thick pony tails all between 8 to 10 inches shipped off to Ohio this week... I will miss my beautiful hair but it thrills me that someone else will get to enjoy my enviably long, curly, easy to style, THick hair. Expect my next haircut in another year or two when it those 10 inches grow back!!

7 comments:

Lizzie N said...

i LOVE it!!! you look fabulous!!! i bet you weigh 10 lbs lighter too! : )

Debbie said...

Ruth, you are one fierce woman that can looks great with any hair length and style! So excited for you to have another sweet baby!

Debbie said...

*look

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

oooooookay you have NO IDEA how difficult it is getting NOT to chop all my hair off when everyone who's long hair i have always love love loved has chopped all theirs off, too (esp yours obviously)!!

jeklwajkfdljafklds SO ADORABLE I LOVE IT

Have Your Way said...

Beautiful Ruth!!!!! How much did you chop off?! Just curious :)

Missy said...

Oh I love it! It looks great!
The last I had 10 inches cut off I donated to Locks of Love, so glad to do it!

anna. said...

love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...