Tuesday, August 07, 2012

YEAR FIVE and DZ #32: Have a little black dress (and #38: get all dressed up and eat in a fancy restaurant)

Um seriously... how did I fail to blog about our anniversary in April?
Ah yes, I was still recovering from the marathon.

Well, I was able to debut my beloved LBD... old navy maternity clearance section (XS).
Boo yeah. Super comfy and looks glam. I've only worn it like a billion times by now.
 Prepping before our big night out to a fancy restaurant (also on the DZ!) before we spent boatloads of money giftcards from my inlaws (thank you!!!).
 Capital Grille.. most expensive restaurant I have been to in my life. Clearly awesome.
 Dim lighting, early reservation, rose petals and a happy anniversary card from the staff.
 First course: something wonderful (cheese?) wrapped in bacon with bruschetta. We both agreed we could eat that all day long. I wanted seconds. Lobster Bisque for round two. DIVINE.
 Ceasar salad. And Mr. D's plank salmon.
 I got steak. YEAH BUDDY.
 What kind of man eats salmon when there's steak?! Mine, I guess. Don't worry we balanced out his healthy eating with some serious dessert: some sort of flourless chocolate cake with berries, compliments of the staff since it was our anniversary.
 What a fun night out! The in-laws watched little d and we got a few hours to ourselves after a crazy couple of months with my man traveling nearly nonstop. It feels good to be home. Now to con him into taking me there for my birthday....


2 comments:

anna. said...

oh my delicious. so jealous.

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

so delish.

you're such a babe.

i love your dress.

and want that steak in my tum right now.

the end. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...