Friday, August 17, 2012

Make it: biggest loser pancakes (day zero #15)

My goal was initially to perfect a healthy bread recipe, but then since reading the skinny rules I have discovered the Ezekiel bread and have no desire to go back.

I DO love pancakes and finally found a recipe that filled me up and tastes good without that unnecessary post-pancake-coma I am so used to with German pancakes (my favorite, but you know, moderation blah blah blah).

I love that this recipe makes about 10 so that is perfect for three pancakes a person (me and the hubs and a guest) and one for little d. :) at 181 calories total for ALL three pancakes, you can even splurge and use real maple syrup. Or throw in some chocolate chips (because who doesn't love chocolate for breakfast?). But you know, not too much or you'll miss the yummy cinnamon-y taste!! I have eaten these pancakes plain and cold and they are still good! One of my most favorite recipes by far... Make it!

Ingredients:

6 egg whites
1 cup rolled oats, dry
1 cup cottage cheese
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:

In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. Flip when they start to bubble. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batches, spraying the griddle as needed. Makes about 10 pancakes.

Number of Servings: 3

Nutritional Info Per Serving (3 pancakes):
181 Calories, 2.7g Fat, 10mg Cholesterol, 361mg Sodium, 20g Carbs, 2.8g Fiber

1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

ezekiel bread?? do tell. please.

ps YUM I NEED THIS NOW. i love pancakes and this looks so delishhhhhh!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...