Thursday, July 26, 2012

try not to cry

Within a week, my in-laws home has gone from filled to the brim with family... 
to basically empty. As of monday, it will be little d, uncle cory and me for a week.
This wouldn't bother me so much if everyone wasn't in utah (without me), and if Blake wasn't going to be gone for two years in Milan, Italy. I am still unsure if I am more sad to see him go or more jealous of where he gets to go. Here are some sweet gems from last summer. Best buddies doesn't begin to describe it.
As I try not to bawl my brains out, keep in mind, Blake was the only BiL who was not rude and at least five inches taller than me when I married Mr. D in 2006. He now stands as tallest of all the boys, but to be honest in my mind he still looks like this: (far right)
Ahhh... and the kahki pants on my wedding day, don't think he will ever live that one down. :)
Blake was one of the first people I told I was pregnant, was most excited about me having a baby, was there for little d's baby blessing, first birthday and second birthday. It is hard for me to think about little d spending his 3rd and 4th birthdays without his "Ah-koh Bate", not to mention having to deal with little d asking where he is for the next 700 plus days. But he is a wonderful example to me, and is doing a truly wonderful work. {From what I have heard}, Mr. D's mission molded him into the person I fell in love with, and I certainly hope the same for Blake, that serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints will turn him from a wonderful 19 year old boy into a man.
I'll post more recent pictures when I can stop crying long enough to download these pictures without completely losing it. Off to the airport!

5 comments:

siovhan said...

A) This made me tear up. I love people like Blake seems to be -- the happy, kind, excited ones. The ones that make you more excited about your life with their excitement.

B) My dad went to what was at that point the North Italy mission -- the Milan one is most of that now, and those Italian mamas take good care of those boys. He'll be so blessed by that. Also, he'll be able to romance any lady by speaking Italian when he comes home. haha.

anna. said...

hah love those khaki pants.

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

haaaahaha i'll never forget those khaki pants...too perfect

naomi said...

I can't believe how many boys there are in that photo haha!

Suz and Allan said...

My husband served in the Spain Barcelona mission and those two years certainly shaped him into the man he is today. Safe travels to Blake and I hope he has a great time on his mission learning and teaching. May God bless him and keep him safe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...