Saturday, July 28, 2012

Make it! Weekend edition

I was looking for bruised bananas at the stop n shop "discount produce" section because I wanted to make some muffins. Unfortunately, even though there are some EVERY other time I go, I was out of luck today. While little d contented himself with sweet talking the lobsters ("it's okay hah-nee, I'm a friend!") I found some zucchini and decided to take a chance and just find something on pinterest.

Pinterest never dissapoints me! The link was to parenting magazine's recipe center, and of course I skipped out on the oil (Anna replaces oil and butter with equal amounts of applesauce) instead choosing chobani for the extra protein perks. And it's still super moist... Most info I find online has certain ratios for going from oils or butter to chobani, I find it easier to just try and use the same amount. It worked for my banana chocolate chip muffins, and it worked for this recipe! Super moist, butteryish muffins that are under 200 calories a pop... Winning in my books since most muffins are upwards of 500+ calories and loaded with heavy fats... My muffin has only
1g of fat and 5g of protein, not to mention it gets the hubby and baby to eat zucchini!

2 c flour
1 c brown sugar
2 tsp each of baking soda, cinnamon, salt
1/8 tsp each of nutmeg, ginger, ground allspice
Mix all dry ingredients.

In separate bowl (or on top of the dry mix if you're lazy like me) combine
2 c peeled shredded zucchini
1 peeled shredded apple.
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla (oops I forgot that one... And it still tasted good!)
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c plain chobani

Mix it all up completely without overdoing it. Bake 350' for 20 minutes.

12 perfect muffins

3 comments:

anna. said...

way to make things healthy and delicious. winner winner ( :

Eric and Andrea said...

Oh yum these look good and I love the ingredients!

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

hahhaa just love that little d is friends even with underwater/future food critters. what a friendly boy (:

YUMMMMMM love it!! minus the chobani...just not a fan. but these look mega yum + healthy so way to go!! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...