Thursday, May 03, 2012

This is why I have a gym pass

There was a time in my life when I enjoyed tanning and working out. Both were expensive monthly and required daily upkeep. When I married Mr. D and "my" money became "our" money, I had to make a choice between the two. It doesn't take more than half a glance at my chalk white legs to know which one I picked. And to those of you who would say "yes but you cans till tan at some gyms at a discount" you have to remember I have a kid now so THAT is an extra fee in and of itself.

After spending $24/month on a gym pass in Provo, then about $45/mo in pleasant grove (including child care) and a comparable price in Ohio, paying MORE than $100/mo for a gym pass with unlimited child care (and that is a steal compared to most places!) was a tough pill to swallow. That's why it took me so long to finally pick one out (nearly a month was spent without a pass... Gasp!) but let me tell you something.

When I walked out of my gym after a good hour long workout, freshly showered, and with a happy toddler at 9:30am, it felt GOOD. Most days I just come home from the gym and wait for a good time to take a shower (since we usually go home, play, lunch, nap, and play) which usually ends up being around 4 or 5pm.

How have I never used the gym showers before?! They give you towels, shampoo and body wash (not to mention free use of locking lockers) and I am kicking myself for not having discovered this earlier. Sure it cuts into workout time, but seeing as how I have 90 minutes a day of childcare, it certainly wouldn't hurt if half of those days I go (and I go with little d mon-sat) I actually get in a shower before noon instead of an extra 15-30 minutes workout.

I am SO relieved I have solved the problem of "how will I workout and get a shower in with more kids since u can barely get in a shower with one?!"

Totally worth every dime.
Thank you thank you thank you husband, for letting me keep my little piece of selfish spending. I love you for that!!!

4 comments:

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

Hahaha. I'm pretty sure Drew appreciates the fact that you work out :) Just saying.

Eric and Andrea said...

Tanning beds were declared carcinogens by WHO in 2009. Don't use them Kron!! I say this because I love you too much and don't want you to get melanoma. :)

PS- did you see this in the news? I can't believe some people... http://www.khow.com/pages/caplisandsilverman.html?article=10099734

But I'm glad you have chalky white legs and found a sweet deal of a gym and child care. Woot woot!

anna. said...

<3 baby d and his baller collar. also going to the gym.

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

i second emily's comment. hahah (:

also, you have the cutest kid alive. honestly. do you even know this?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...