Sunday, April 15, 2012

This is no longer a race. Treat it as an experience.

The BAA recommended this little gem of wisdom, among other advice like "defer for 2013" or "just don't run" has littered my inbox the past few days. The weather prediction (which started 10 days ago at 65 degrees and 60% chance of rain) is currently sunny and 90 degrees. Yikes!! Good thing I wasn't planning a Super speedy race :)

My goal for Boston from the get go has been to have a great time and finish with a smile on my face. I have an amazing family who will physically follow me tomorrow, and you can follow me too if you want :)

Watching the marathon online tomorrow is on starting at 930 EST on universalsports.com, which will stream the entire marathon (and that's where I would watch it every year!! So exciting).

If you want to catch/stalk me (I do not mind at all!!) you can get text alerts by texting the word "runner" to 345678 and my bib number is 22647. They will text you my 10k, half marathon, 30k and finishing times as they happen.

They won't be fast times but I can promise I will be blogging all about the experience on Tuesday!! Here's praying that the temps go no higher than 90 :) Boston marathon 2012 here I come!

6 comments:

Christy MyDirtRoadAnthem said...

Enjoy the experience and I am hoping for the best for the weather for all you Boston people! Good luck!

Melissa Kent said...

Ah, so excited for you!!! It will be an AMAZING experience. And I'm sure you will rock it. No matter what your times are, you are still pretty much a super hero to me.

Jordan and Laura said...

you inspired me to sign up for the st george in october!! eeeek! GOOD LUCK IN THE MORNING! watching online from work and getting your update text.

Sarah said...

AHHHHHHHHH GOOD LUCKKKKKKKKKKKK (: (: (: (: I love you so so so much!!! YOU WILL ROCK IT

Have Your Way said...

Good luck Ruth!! Rock it out today!! I'll be thinking of you while I sub at a high school today!

anna. said...

my fav was "lower your expectations." hah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...