Friday, April 27, 2012

Its ya anniversary isnt it

She has a lot more hair, he has a lot less (by choice, he is a professional now after all), there's a cat and a toddler thrown into the mix.

It's funny to think that six years ago we were in the same living situation we are in now, living with my inlaws. But so much has changed: we both applied, got accepted to, and graduated from our majors of choice. We both held a variety of part time gigs and one full time job. We are finally looking for a home/apartment to settle down into for the next year or so. That is, so long as we can find one that we can actually afford. But we can afford to be patient.

While much is virtually unchanged, I think I have changed the most in the last six years. A baby, a marathon, and just figuring things out for myself, especially what makes me truly happy, will do that to you. I (feel like I) am a completely different person than the giddy naive little 20 year old that started a new life with a very new husband in this very strange town (that has become quite familiar in the last few years). Hundreds of photos of the two of us taken in the first 4 years of marriage have whittled down to a small handful (most of which are awful sweaty marathon ones) since we pretty much just have photos of each other with baby in tow.

I guess what I am trying to say is a lot has happened in 6 years. Some of it bad or sad but most of it wonderfully good. I am happier than I ever thought possible and am more in love with my husband than ever. Sure I would love to see some siblings (or sibs in law) get married in the near future so they can experience the wonderful blessings of a temple marriage for themselves, but let's be honest... It's a big decision. It takes time and for the time being I hope they can settle for knowing that being married is awesome in all ways you can imagine. While it does have its occasional hardships (hello hormonal pregnancy!) it just makes it that much sweeter when the good times follow.

Hopefully this time next year we will have a preschooler (!!!!), baby d #2 (or at least be close to it), and have moved out of my inlaws basement.

And to answer your question yes I am still considering having another marathon late next year.

I love when anniversaries fall on the weekend. Six years ago this morning I was spending hours prepping, which thankfully has been replaced six years later with a good hard workout (I have a lot more time to work with since i don't spend hours fighting/straightening my hair). And mr. D is planning on spending this morning just as he did six years ago... Golfing :) Then we get to spend the rest of the day and weekend together. Could I ask for anything better? I think not.

Love you, honey!

4 comments:

Baby Making Mama said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Funny how so much can stay the same but change in so long huh? This has been our biggest year of changes since our girl was born, but it's safe to say the last two have been our craziest.

Congratulations on your marathon. That's awesome! Something I could never do, that's for sure.

You're on the right track with patients. I could learn to have a little more of that myself :)

K. S. Powers said...

Awwww! Happy Anniversary!

anna. said...

gosh. six years is such a long time.

Sarah Elizabeth Kron said...

i LOVE YOUR HAIR. and six years is so SO long. so crazy to think it's been that long!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...