Monday, April 16, 2012

finding my strong... Pre-Boston Marathon thoughts

My strength the last few months has come from my family, my friends, even people who only knew me a short time. I have received messages and love and prayers too numerous to count.

To my family and friends who will be there physically with me today... THANK YOU.

To my family and friends who will be there with me in spirit/via social networking, online or text messages. THANK YOU.

Couldn't have done this without you guys.
Puke, faint or DNF, this is my first marathon and I am proud of my accomplishments so far. My training could not have gone more perfect and I am ready to handle (smartly, that is) the heat and 26.2 miles that lie ahead of me this morning/afternoon.

Three hours lie between me and the start at Hopkinton.
 I'm all in. Now let's do this.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

SO PROUD OF YOU. ROCK IT OUT (: (: (: (:!!!

karajean said...

Good luck Ruth! Can't wait to read about your experience!

Eric and Andrea said...

Congrats Kron!!! I've been cheering you on from Colorado. Love ya and so proud of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...