Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy 51st birthday, Bobby!

For those of you who aren't aware of the evolution of my dad's most recent moniker, we requested that little d call my dad "grandpa" which little d translated as "bop pa" which rapidly evolved into "bobby"... We have no idea why but maybe because it just sounds better with "Abbie" (Astrid).

Last year at this time my sisters and I took a long weekend to fly across the country and celebrate the big guy turning 50. So much has happened in a year and I hope my dad will always look back with fondness on the last 7+ months as I do, where we got to celebrate Abbie's birthday, my birthday, thanksgiving, the Christmas holidays, mr. d's birthday, and now his birthday together.

I am so lucky and grateful to have such a wonderful father and role model for a parent who has taken really good care of our little family the last few months, watching little d on a whim and letting me buy crazy things like purple cauliflower to make for dinner. He puts up with a lot!! Thank you and we love you!!
Happy birthday!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

so happyyyyyyy (: just love my bobby!!

anna. said...

hah bobby and abbie. love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...