Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Boston Marathon in 6 minutes or less and how to follow me

The Boston Globe put this together and I have only watched it a half a dozen times. Watch it! It will only take you just under six minutes to view the whole course and will probably take me at least 5 hours, so that's a steal, right??
Also, for those of you who haven't heard, you can follow me along the marathon route for raceday by signing up for their text alerts or just going to the baa.org website come raceday and input my bib number (22647) or name (Ruth Dowling) and they track my splits every 5k, or 3.1 miles. (also a good way for Mr. D to make sure I haven't died along the route)

I am still sore three days after my 20 miler, even with a deep tissue massage yesterday, but I still have 10 miles to run today, 5 tomorrow, and 5 on Monday before I can catch a little break on my travel day. 

Speaking of traveling, we have one car fully packed and the other mostly packed. There may be hope for us after all in getting everything to Boston over the next few weeks. Sure we may not have furniture but between the three of us, we have enough clothing (me: shoes, Mr. D: BYU Polos, little d just has a TON of clothes) to probably put us in the same category as a certain little financial journalist...  Which, by the way if you haven't seen the scene where she manages to stuff her entire life in one closet until her best friend opens it and everything explodes out and practically drowns her in clothing, you should. Because that is how our cars will be come Monday.
23 days till Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

that clip only showed the START of the marathon!! i feel cheated...but i guess that's okay because watching too many vids of the marathon course itself on youtube will probably just increase my envy... (: GOOD LUCK i can't wait to track you!!!

Missy said...

I love that movie! So freaking hilarious!
Good luck with the move!

anna. said...

hah love that pic.

anna. said...

p.s. when i clicked the link, it gave me bib #22647 from 2011 -- petra sankari. she finished in just less than four hours!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...