Friday, March 09, 2012

BIG announcement!!

I know most people are eagerly anticipating a baby announcement but this is even BETTER than a baby announcement (helloooo remember I'm running Boston in just over a month?! That's hard enough without the fatigue of a first trimester!)

So the big news that has been in the works specifically for the last three months, and generally in the last year since we decided to leave Utah... Mr. D has finally found out where he will be assigned to work after his training is complete (after my marathon) and that place is....... BOSTON!!

I will be the first to admit I was never the girl to fantasize about weddings or babies, but I am downright giddy thinking about buying our first home (dare i say "house hungry"?) and this is the first time in our married life (6 years!) that our dream of home ownership seems less like a dream and more like reality.

While staying with my inlaws there is still a TON of research to be done but I feel confident that if we are patient like we were with Mr. D's job, we will eventually find our dream house.

Our little family will be sad to leave friends and family in Ohio just as we were Utah. But great things await us in Massachusetts!! Can't wait to be a real New Englander!!

7 comments:

susette said...

That is super exciting! My daughter and her husband lived there while he was getting his Master's in psychology at UMASS. They are back here now in Utah, which I'm so glad so I can play with my little 2 year old grandson. I was able to go back there twice while they were there and absolutely loved the city. Such a neat place and so much to see. Great adventures await you :)

Rachelle Wardle said...

So incredibly happy for you! Can I please see you when I am in Boston for the marathon? Pretty, pretty please.

Have Your Way said...

O that is exciting!!! WHOO!

taryn said...

fabulous news! I was keeping my fingers crossed for Boston!

Sarah said...

I feel like little d is saying in that last picture, "me?? a new englander??"

SO CUTE. and so so pumped for you!! can't WAIT TO COME VISIT YOU EEEEEK!!

Missy said...

Congratulations! That's great!

anna. said...

please start watching "house hunters" if you haven't already. i think it's on HGTV.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...