Monday, March 19, 2012

20 months

Food Loves: cheese, yogurt, fig newtons, smoothies, m&m's, noodles (macaroni or ramen), "bears" (teddy Grahams).

Loves to: jump, go to the gym, run, point out runners/ducks/fire trucks/busses/babies/planes when we are in the car or BOB, say please and ank ooh, put on Chapstick, foam roll ( or whatever I happen to be doing), crack eggs and measure stuff for baking, dribble a basketball or kick a soccer ball while running, watch Mickey mouse, go outside, pet dogs or cats, sit on Kevin, imitate any word I ask him to say, help me up when I am sitting or laying down, dance to any LMFAO song.

Dislikes: saying goodbye to his dad on Monday's, long car rides, most new foods or new textures, going inside after being outside for any length of time, being told "no", being held (unless he's tired), brushing teeth, taking naps, sitting still for any length of time.

Some stuff he can do: understand humor in falling down (and plays it up like a little ham, especially in the tub, going "whoa whoa whoa!" right before he falls over), sing the words to "I am a child of god"/"ABC song"/"snowman"/"popcorn"/"sunbeam"/"itsy bitsy spider"/"wheels on the bus", draw (usually on his hands feet the table or anywhere but on paper) , apologize, say his name/peekaboo/ it's me!, throw a football with a spiral, catch a ball, blow bubbles, help me pick things up/clean/follow a simple request like "can you get a bowl for your cereal?", feed himself (finally!!).

20 months does come with some serious advantages. We've finally got the one nap thing down pat (even though I wish it was for longer than 90 minutes) and he's finally sleeping through the night about 10-11 hours, knock on wood. That means we spend most mornings eating breakfast together, going to the gym and then having lunch before his nap. The weather has been so perfect lately that we spend most of the post-nap day outside. I really do live a blessed life and little d really is a good boy and a fun little goofball to hang around with. With his increasing interest in the outside world (you know, outside of balls), it is much easier to entertain his attention for longer periods of time, which especially for the 1 hour round trip car ride to/from the airport is a huge help.

The next 4 weeks holds a long of changes for the two of us. Saying good bye to our Ohio friends and family. I'll be driving our stuff out to Boston with dad (little d will spend the day with Abbie), flying back to Ohio, flying with Kevin and little d to Boston, moving in with my in laws while looking for our new home, running the marathon, celebrating Kevin's birthday and 6 years of marriage and then....? Who knows.

I'm getting extremely excited for this marathon but also can feel the post-marathon blues setting in a bit in the back of my mind. Like thinking about not running more than 10 miles during that upcoming taper period really bums me out, what's up with that?! And don't get me started about my first post marathon week where I can't run AT ALL. I think I'll start researching gym passes, fall races and mommy and me classes so I don't go completely crazy in 4 weeks.

Or maybe just start planning little d's birthday party in 4 months. My baby is almost 2, where has the time gone?!

3 comments:

Have Your Way said...

O he looks SOO big!!!! SOO Crazy to think Boston is in 4 weeks!!! WHOO!!!

Sarah said...

cutest baby everrrr!!!! FOUR WEEKS AHH (: ps his can spiral on a football?! i can't even do that...that's embarrassing </3

anna. said...

yeah. i can't either. baby d > his aunts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...