Wednesday, March 21, 2012

20 mile long run

This was my first long run since having little d that I ran solo. No treadmills, training partners, BOB, or baby.

Like a breath of fresh air. Running along the Olentangy River felt so good, even if my feet and legs were crying for mercy. But I came home to a happy baby so it's all good.

Stairs are a killer right now. The ice bath looms ahead. But so does that one hour massage!!

My 20 miler must haves: a babysitter (thanks Abbie and Bobby), glide, water bottle, cash just incase, ID, fruit snacks, pretzels, hat, sunscreen, lucky shirt/skort/socks. I had water every 30 mins and snacks every 60. Only had to use the bathroom once a little over halfway in. Good trial run for Boston and now it's off to some serious tapering!!! Wahoo!

8 comments:

Julia said...

yayyyyy!!! congrats dear friend! you made it! enjoy the taper :) so excited for you!

Sarah said...

20 months one day and 20 miles the next...LOOK AT YOU GO!! (: (: (: (: eeek! love your little baby shuffle ipod..just like mine!! twins (:

Eric and Andrea said...

Great job Kron! I'm proud of you!!

Rachael said...

You are such an inspiration Ruth! I am so excited for your race and for all of the new adventures coming up this month.

Have Your Way said...

Congrats girl!!!

Stefanie D. said...

Congratulations on making 20 miles! That's a big step!

Melissa Kent said...

Ruth you are amazing. I could never even dream of running 20 miles, you are so hardcore. I'll even forgive you for your hat.

anna. said...

!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...