Friday, February 10, 2012

pre-valentines day weekend

Go ahead and aww... I still cannot get enough of this every morning. 
Little d wakes up and asks "Des? Des?" for his little kevs, until he finds him and gives him some love.
same cute nose but look at that hair!!! little d has come a long way since last February!!
even with three haircuts!
 February 2011 I got my beloved BOB and spent the weekend with my two favorite boys before starting up a rigorous workweek of grading and lesson planning... one year ago I made the decision to quit my job and be a full time stay a home mom. I realized last night that since little d was born, I have spent roughly half his life working full-time, and the other half of his life.. not. Even though I don't remember much from when I was working [I'll be honest I think aside from work my life revolved around naps and food and of course baby d], I am glad I did it because it makes me love this part of my life so much more. I feel a certain richness in my life these past few days...
 And I am sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that my husband comes home today and we are going to have a very sweet valentine's weekend, which I never thought we would have. Ever since I met Mr. D he was always working some sporting event that required him, if not to work the day of valentines, at least every single weekend. I never really looked forward to the weekends until this year, they were usually far too short and involved Mr. D working too much for my liking.

This year, I am very content that even if I don't get him during the week [and it does break my heart that we won't get to be with him on his birthday, the 15th], we do get the weekend together which will hopefully involve some heart shaped pizzas, chocolate covered strawberries, and a date night [if I'm lucky!].
Also, little d was so excited to eat the zucchini muffins that he ate right through the wrapper!!
On a final note till Monday, I caught someone with Boston fever this week...
This kid is too legit. Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Have Your Way said...

If I lived closer, I would TOTALLY be up to watching little D for you but hence I live like 2 1/2 hrs away :(

RUnning date soon?!

K. S. Powers said...

Hey, if you ever need a babysitter, I know a certain puppy who wouldn't mind another play date. :)

anna. said...

i love that he eats the paper. haha.

Sarah said...

Remember that one time you post way faster than I can keep up with?? I LOVE IT. + Little D's baby blues...SO cuteeeeeeeeeee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...