Sunday, January 01, 2012

So this is the new year... I don't feel any different

2012 is looking to be pretty promising. Mr. D will start his first full time job, I will run the boston marathon, we'll find out where we will be living for at least the next two years [hopefully more!], little d will just keep getting cuter by the day, and I'll just be frank and honest, if all goes according to plan I will be pregnant with baby d 2.0 by the end of this year.

I made a mess of last year by making too many resolutions so this year I will stick to 5... Only as many as I can keep track of on one hand.

1. Eat 80/20 of foods that will fuel my body properly vs foods I eat because I love them [ahem buckeyes... See tomorrows post]. This is super important to perform well in a 26.2 as well as prepping to grow another baby! This also goes along with 7-8 hours of sleep at night... The less sleep I get at night the hungrier I am [and usually not for the good stuff!]

2. Fill my life with faith, hope, and charity. This includes daily scripture study, weekly church going and monthly temple trips... You know, the things that will keep me sane while Mr. D travels. :)

3. Improve as a wife. Especially for the first 4 months when I will see Mr. D about 2 days a week, I want to not only be a bomb wife when he's home but to perfect the care of house and cooking and such even when he's not home.

4. Improve as a mom. See #2. But in addition to that I want to be more active in teaching my little sponge as much as I can. And enjoy myself in the process.

5. Run a marathon.

Lofty goals to be sure, but they highlight the things that are most important in my life... My health [without which I would be a terrible mom and wife] and my family. I am blessed to be a young mother and wife and even though over half my 20s are behind me, I am optimistic that my best years are yet to come.

For now I am enjoying living in the moment and loving life. If you haven't resoluted already, you should!! Failure to plan is planning to fail.

Welcome 2012!!

3 comments:

Have Your Way said...

:)

Love you Ruth!!

K. S. Powers said...

Ready for baby 2, eh? In that case, can I wish you a very "productive" year? ;)

Hope your marathon training is going well! Can't wait to hear all about Drew's new job and your future plans!

anna. said...

*like*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...