Friday, January 20, 2012

Foodie Friday: Some amazing stuff I ate last week

Too much going on at the start of the week with Marathon training and Love Letters, 
so food is going to Friday!
Last week I decided it would be a good idea to try my hand at Lionhouse rolls a la Utah.
 They started off promising... following the recipe on the box, butter inside, butter outside, butter all over the place. No wonder I love those rolls so much.
 Boo. Forgot to undercook them and they toasted :( Not LH quality but I think I may try to make regular rolls and just douse them in butter... I think they may just taste the same. (??)
 I had a mad craving the last few days for roasted broccoli.
I may have gone through about 10 stalks of broc florets. In two days. 1 tbsp olive oil for about 3 florets, 420' for 20 minutes. Tastes better than potato chips.
 Got this idea from pinterest... rice cakes as a sub for bread.
With 1/2 tablespoon almond butter and banana slices, it makes the perfect post workout treat.
Salty, sweet, crunchy, chewy.... theBOMBdotcom.
Sunday we made Darsi's salsa:
avocados, tomatoes, corn, tricolor beans with [made up] italian dressing mix.
Coupled with some chicken quesadillas a la Mr. D.
 Is there anything sexier than a man working hard in a kitchen??? I think not.

4 comments:

Jessica Washburn said...

You're killing me with the chunky salsa and the rolls!! Yum.

Chris said...

If you want to give lion house rolls another go, here is the recipe. I love them, they turn out great every time! (I do like to use unbleached bread flour and instant yeast...I seem to get the best results with these ingredients!)

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=204&sid=251983

Sarah said...

om nom nom nommmmmmm. love the rice cake idea!! i need to follow you on pintrest (:

anna. said...

love that salsa. and bread...mmm. just love ( :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...