Sunday, December 11, 2011

Boston Marathon Training Week 1

TOTAL miles: 15
Mon-Jillian Michaels Abs workout [30 min], TM run 3 miles [30 min]
Tues-3 miles TM [34 min], 20 mins weights
Weds-60 mins stationary bike [sitting, reading Boston Marathon history]... more like active recovery than workout.
Thurs-Rest
Fri-3 mile run TM [34 min], 10 min row machine, 17 min elliptical
Sat-6 mile HILL run on TM while listening to music and watching Bridget Jones [69 min]
Sun-Rest

Overall, I am feeling pretty good about this Higdon Plan... taking things one day at a time, as well as having a plan helps me to feel more confident in my abilities. It does not matter if my runs are running 100% of the time as long as I get the mileage in. Yeah, my miles might be really slow right now but I am okay with that. Quality, not quantity. Or something like that.

Also I am extremely grateful for two things this past week: 1) getting a gym pass [thanks, Mr. D!!] and 2) to not have a job outside the home right now. Training and reading up on training/Boston as well as caring for little d leave me with not too much free time, but the important thing is that I am happy. I don't love taking two rest days or not doing yoga [hopefully that will change this week] but I have been foam rolling about 5 nights a week, even if just for a few minutes before bed and it really helps me sleep.
1 week down, 18 to go till Boston!!!

3 comments:

Rachelle Wardle said...

Yay!! So excited for you. I am glad you are so ambitous about getting started. I didn't realize it was only 18 weeks away. eeeek!

Missy said...

Great start to your training Ruth! You are gonna bust this out!

anna. said...

i always feel like being on a bike is not-quite-a-workout. but i bet that's because i'm not doing it right. way to cross-train ( :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...