Saturday, December 10, 2011

[belated] 26th birthday post

Turning 26, as you well know, was pretty good to me this year.
It was the first year of my life I did not have to work or go to school, and could start my day doing the two things I love best: working out [shown here lifting weights and pre-run, notice we are both wearing legwarmers because that is how we roll]

And showing off our mad drawing skills in the garage!
 After a day spent with my little dude, we headed out to PF Chang's where my mom tried to look... I'm not terribly sure but I think she was channeling her inner Chinese. :) And teaching DK how to use chopsticks was the highlight of pre-dinner entertainment.
 The family shot: little d, me, mr. d, dad, mom, DK, and of course our adopted son Mickey Mouse.
 I think this was the part of the night where my dad tried to eat little d at the exact moment he was falling out of his Big Kid chair [hence the need for high chairs, if only we could ever keep him in one longer than 10 minutes!].
 Then we came home [Mickey is turning into the Where's Waldo of these pictures, isn't he?] and I got more pictures and 20 presents from my parents and DK [not to mention a BOB handlebar console from Surah!] including clothes, Kardashian nail polish, a purse, wallet, hairdryer, hair elastics, and about 14 other awesome things I can't think of off the top of my head!]
 Don't you remember how much I love cupcakes? I think they totally trump in the bakery department. We got these ones from my favorite cupcake place, and the one with the Ariel ring [I think it was called "Pretty Pretty Princess" was actually DIVINE. Who knew vanilla could taste so good?
So there you have it... the moments leading up to my epic Boston present from Mr. D.
It was the first birthday I was able to spend with my parents in about 7 years, since going off to college and I am so grateful for all they have done for me in the last 26.

And being able to plan for me to run in Boston.... well, Mr. D is one of the most thoughtful people I know and this year was no exception. He is the one to buy me jeans, shoes, and shirts online that I never think will fit me [but they do... like a glove] and he is the one who encouraged me to run my first 6k race while 12 months postpartum, and has been my #1 supporter in doing what I love best: Running! 

Only Mr. D truly understands how much the Boston Marathon means to me, with its rich history, the fact that he is from there [and watched the marathon as a child], how hard I have fallen in love with running and I cannot wait to run this marathon!! 

It has been quite intimidating to read about the history and greatness of the past Boston Marathoners [or even those who raised a ton of money for charity], but while I may not have qualified on merits of my marathoning times [YET!] or money-raising skills, I am running for an equally good cause: for my Mr. D and little D. Because I have the best family in the world and they ARE my world. Bring it on...127 days!

5 comments:

Have Your Way said...

So glad to see you had a great birthday!!!

Those cupcakes look AMAZING!!! I've never been to PF Changs!! I heard it is YUMMY though!! <3

Rachelle Wardle said...

Love it! And you totally deserve this. :)

Michal Sarah said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! And I can't wait to here more about your Boston marathon experience! YOU ROCK!

anna. said...

i love how not-asian our family is.

anna. said...

i love how not-asian our family is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...