Friday, November 11, 2011

Post #1111 on 11.11.11 at 11:11 am

I AM SO EPIC IT SHOULD BE UNREAL.

Have you been wondering why I have been madly posting over the last few days? Well, I realized like 4 days ago that I was at 1100 posts and thought it would be REALLY cool to hit 1111 posts on 11/11/11.

I'm a nerd. But I did it!! Boo-yah.
Too legit to quit and all that.

So then the thought became.... Now what?!?! What on earth do I blog about with such a monumental post?

I figure, what better time to [re-]establish what this blog is all about.
This blog centers around all the people and things that make me happy in life.
#1: My Mr. D. Cutest missionary ever, and now hottest husband and bestest dad ever.
#2: Little D and the Kevs.

Little D sure does love carrying things around these days... with halloween gone and no pumpkins to carry around, he's taken to Mr. D's scriptures! But who doesn't want to carry around roughly 1/4 of your weight in Bible and Book of Mormon?? [or use it as a sitting stool]

#3: My Red Sox Wife life. Even though we [I] don't [can't] really go to as many games as we would like, baseball or otherwise. Or, in my case, it is pretty rare for me to be able to sit and watch a full game of any sort with Mr. D, since if I am not otherwise pre-occupied with little d, I am usually making food/blogging/falling asleep.

So I do miss that specific part of my old RSW life very much... where my life could revolve around sports, but I know it is not gone for good. Hopefully in the next decade of my life we'll be able to gather the kids together to watch as a family. For now I will have to be content that little d LOVES balls and is just now starting to recognize the differences between them. When Mr. D turns on a football game, he even tries to make the "F" sound. I'll have to catch it on camera. Too cute.
 #4: My health. Nothing makes my soul happier or more complete than coming home drenched in sweat knowing I killed it at the gym. When I get my workouts in, and know that my body is in good shape and I can chase after the basketballs little d rolls down the driveway, all is right in the world. Of all that happens in my life this is the thing that RUTH controls, not anybody else. With so much of my life controlled my Mr. D, little d, the kevs, and other uncontrollable factors in general, my fitness is what I have put my physical faith in. I have a testimony of good health being an important key to happiness.
#5: My gospel.

Also, DZ #32: Make a wish on 11/11/11 @ 11:11 am. Consider it done.
[but I'm not sharing till it comes true!]

7 comments:

Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. said...

I can hardly believe you managed 1111 on 11/11 @ 11:11. I must be a mega-nerd too but bc I find it just as fascinating!

Love this post too - it's so awesome to see such an active and healthy family :)

Happy Friday!

Stefanie D. said...

Wow, that it pretty impressive! You are too legit. Too legit to quit! haha.

Sarah said...

um. SO legit. what the heck!? SO ENVIOUS OF YOUR NUMBERING SKILLS AND ABILITIES.

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

I like how you put 'My Gospel' instead of 'The Gospel' I don't know why that stood out to me so much, but I think I'm going to refer to it as my gospel from now on, haha.

...and yes you are a huge nerd.

ashley & sundance said...

ugh... i missed both 11:11 times on 11/11. i'm lame.

but darling post... and I probably would have done the same thing if I was that close to 1,111 posts!

anna. said...

*like*

Jessica Washburn said...

Very cool. I remember when my friend's car was about to hit 100,000 miles, she made me ride around with her on my lunch break so I could take her picture when it hit. Too funny. I like your list btw. :) I also married my missionary.

runningtobeskinny.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...