Tuesday, November 15, 2011

no use crying over spilt milk

I finally understand the full meaning of that saying. You shouldn't freak out over something you have no control over. Especially when the damage is done. No use trying to change the past.

"I'm sorry but we're going to have to let you go."

Those are the words that came this afternoon with the sinking feeling of sadness. Shock. Concern. Anger. Spite. Confusion. Fury. Pain. Denial. I never knew I could experience so many emotions in such a short period of time.

And then the tears start. And they don't stop for a few hours.

Now, half-watching the Biggest Loser while blogging for the first time in too long, my eyes are sore and finally dry. I lost a really awesome part-time job. But I am okay. Because I know.

Everything happens for a reason.

Sure, its a bummer. I enjoyed my job and I LOVED the free gym pass. Being able to bring little d with me had its perks as well. But to look at the big picture, I know it doesn't matter. I still have my full-time job, the one matters the most to me. No one can take that away from me.
 This afternoon I felt like the world was caving in on me. Sure, a little dramatic, but that is how it feels when you are so deep within yourself. Thanks to a wonderful support system of family and friends, I was able to step back and observe the damage and realize it is not so bad. I have no plans to work in the near future. I am going to do some serious cleaning tomorrow... one of my favorite ways to de-stress and start over. Tomorrow is a new day and it WILL be MUCH better than today.
Everything is gonna be alright. Be strong, believe.

7 comments:

Have Your Way said...

It will all work out in God's timing chica!!! <3 ya!!

Sarah said...

(: amen amen amen. I love youuuuuuu xox

anna. said...

DUSTBUSTER. please hang out with him a lot for me. miss you both x a zillion. <3

Eric and Andrea said...

Why the heck did they let you go?? They lost a great employee. I'm sorry Ruth. But like always you have a sound head on your shoulders and a great perspective. I love you doll!!

Stefanie D. said...

You are so positive! Hugs!! Being a mommy is the best job anyway. :)

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

My Dear Ruth, I am so sorry. That's disheartening. You'll find a Kick-A job soon :) Until then, eat tons of chocolate

siovhan said...

Oh love, I am so sorry to hear that. But I have no doubt that with your talents and so many people praying for you that you'll be able to find something wonderful soon!! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...