Friday, November 18, 2011

DZ #80: Read the entire Hunger Games series

I did it.
Ms. Collins, you are BRILLIANT.
Just like the Harry Potter and Twilight series, I read these books in record time... just a few hours apiece but with a little one to watch, it took a few days and I may have finished the last book at 1am and then had to get up with little d at 6am and yet... not an ounce of regret.

Twilight confession: I hated all the books except the last one. [Don't get me started on the terrible acting of said Bella in the movies]. Mostly because I hated Bella and how pathetic and indecisive she was until the last book. HP I loved right from the start. Same with Katniss.

Unlike HP or Twilight, I actually loved each of these books completely. With the minor exception of the last line or two in the first book, it was brilliant all the way through. And I found myself thinking about it for days after. Mostly the social commentary and how Collins managed to take our lives of costmetic surgery and reality shows and take it to quite the extreme but in a terribly riveting way. 

Thanks to my sisters for recommending it to me and hopefully we can watch the movie when it comes out next spring!! I sorta wish I had read this series while I was pregnant and had more time [that was when I read all the Twilights], but hey at least I read this now instead of when I have less time on my hands.

Oh, right, and this:
Getting in more teeth. Can you believe it?! He's practically growing up as I watch him. 16 month recap to come tomorrow. With loads more pictures of course.

7 comments:

Have Your Way said...

first off where did you find those books? Ic ant find them and I stinkin wanna read them :(

Secondly I LOVE little D!! I cant wait to see you and him again soon :) Lets plan something soon!!
<3

Melissa Kent said...

I agree with your commentary on all 3 series! Countdown to March when the Hunger Games movie comes out :)

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

I heard they are really good! Books keep getting added to my list, but I think these are next :)

Sarah said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOO so glad you finally read them!! <3 <3 <3

Missy said...

Those books are amazing! I wasn't sure if I would like the storyline but it totally sucked me in!
Can't wait for the movies!

anna. said...

LOVE THESE BOOKS. good job!

Amber Smith said...

I read these books recently too! I put it off for a long time cause I didn't think I'd like them, but a good friend HIGHLY recommended them. This series was fantastic! I haven't been able to read anything since for fear of getting stuck with a book that's not as good. So excited for the upcoming movie!! Never read Twilight, definitely never will :) haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...