Monday, October 24, 2011

What Mr. D's Making Monday: Grandma Pat's Chili

Aunt Jamie posted this recipe on her blog awhile back, and Mr. D and I have been looking for an excuse to try it out... good thing our ward had a Chili cookoff at the halloween party last weekend! We made a minor adjustment to the chili recipe [Mr. D's Grandma Pat was a SERIOUS good little cook] by using ground Jennie-o turkey instead of hamburger. Yes, those shameless Biggest Loser grocery plugs work all too well on me. Don't get me started on how marvelous I think the new Yoplait Light Velvet Cake yogurt it.

Anyways, it must have done the trick because Mr. D got honorable mention on his chili!!!
Mmm delish. Super easy recipe that we are using again this upcoming weekend!

[source: Jamie's Blog]
My mother was a very excellent cook.  I don't know what makes someone a Gourmet Cook but she was that to me and many people called her that.  She was also good a doctoring up recipes she would find and making them better.  This chili recipe she made is simple and most excellent.
Ingredients

1-15 oz. can Hot Chili (Nalley's) with beans
1-15 oz. can regular Chili with beans
1 pound Hamburger browned and drained
1-8 oz. can Tomato Sauce
1-12 oz. can V-8 juice (Spicy is good or use original)
1-2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Chili Powder
Garlic Salt, Onion Salt and Pepper to taste
Only a few more days till the trick or treating begins!!
Oh, and I started work today... parttime childcare at a gym 1 mile away. I guess you can say its back to the workday grind for me! :) But a little easier to do 20 rather than 40 hours a week away from my pumpkin! 
[and the perk of a free gym pass is more awesome than I can even say!]

2 comments:

Sarah said...

awesome awesome awesome!! i'm not the biggest fan of chili (just chile ;) but i'm sure it was super yum!! have fun with work!

anna. said...

yay for drew and just love baby d as calvin ( :

also...lifetime = best ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...