Friday, October 21, 2011

let me help you help me [borrowed from Merrick]

Merrick, an old friend from a BYU painting class, had this wonderful post I hope she doesn't mind me sharing with you [you should check out her blog, it has so much in the way of fashion and other lovely things!]. In a nutshell, for those of you who do leave me a comment, it makes it much easier for me to respond. While I don't have quite as much traffic as she does, I do like responding to comments, so please take about 10 seconds [I'm looking at my sisters and favorite blogger commenters!!] and do this for me. :)

Along with all this new traffic, I'm also getting many new commenters. While this is very exciting and fun, it's also frustrating because I like to respond individually to each comment via email, and so, so, so many of you new commenters do not have your email hooked up to your blogger profile.

[Actually, many of you old commenters don't either, but I've been able to track down your emails through your blogs, or facebook, or some of you are my old friends or family members so I already have your email address -- but that doesn't excuse you from following this tutorial and fixing it now].

So when I go to reply to your very nice comment to answer your very kind questions, it looks like this: 

See? That <noreply-comment@blogger.com> means your email address is not hooked up to the blogger profile you're using to comment, and that means I can't reply. So, would you be so kind as to check your blogger profile right now and see if your email address is viewable? It literally takes five seconds. 


Just go to your blogger profile and click the Edit Profile button: 


 Then click the little box that says "Show my email address." 

  
And that's it! Now we can be friends and I don't have to hunt down your email address, or type it in myself, or just let your very nice comment/question float around in the void forever. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

um. done. always has been. always will be. thanks though (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...