Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years after 9/11/01

There was so much that happened on that terrible day that drastically changed the world we live in today. For the better? For the worse? I think, 10 years later, it is still too soon to tell. I don't want to get caught up in the politics of a day like today, I only want to express my heartfelt sorrow to those who were directly affected by those attacks, and gratitude to the brave men and women who work hard to protect us on a daily basis: firemen, police, military, etc.

Also a huge amount of gratitude that even though I thought on that day that I would never live to see the day that my darling Parkus aunt, uncle and cousins could immigrate to America [after patiently waiting almost 20 years to do so legally]... in Spring 2004, that day finally came. And not only did they come but just a few short years [and marriages and a few babies] later, we have come to this:
My heart is so full today. May I always remember how much our families are blessed to live in the Unites States of America. I know some people around these parts are known to complain, "illegals this.. [grumble grumble]" and "immigrants taking our jobs [angry expletive]" but I have to admit... I do have quite a love for immigrants. I wouldn't be here without one. :)

Praying for the Parsons five to make their first family visit to Chile [the homeland...should be arriving today!] safely and soundly. We love you, Parkus/Parsons family!!

4 comments:

Julia said...

such a sweet post and such sweet pictures of the new life your family has been blessed with!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Love it! And we all need to remember that at some point our ancestors were all immigrants.

Rachelle Wardle said...

This post gave me chills. I am sitting here being a big baby because I stupidly injured myself and it is post like this that truly remind me what is important in life. Thank you!

anna. said...

just love when baby faith isn't totally beating up on dustbuster...yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...