Monday, August 29, 2011

What I'm Making Monday

First things first.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!
You're twenty-something this year right???
And it works for WIMM because, well, she made me :) Love you, Mama Rica!

I've mentioned this before, but my parents are not big fans of cooking or baking. I'll be honest, most of my meals growing up revolved around hot dogs, white pasta (no sauce, just butter and cheese), five different kinds of bread, etc. You get the picture. My mom claims to have no creativity with putting meals together. Which is ironic, since I LOVE making food with LOTS of color (and never ever make a monochromatic meal)! Since they have so graciously allowed us to stay with them for the time being, I have offered my services as Personal Chef until we move out... hopefully giving my mom pictures and recipes for easy to make dinners (that are a little bit healthy too!)

So here goes the first attempt (for two, since mom and I were dining solo last week):
-DIVINE tasting Mediterranean Crusted Salmon (on sale at $6 for two fillets at Kroger).
-Handful of Baby Carrots cut in half lengthwise, with 1 tsp olive oil, oven baked 425' for 20 minutes.
-Romaine, tomato, avocado salad (with a bit of shredded cheese and dressing).
-Greek Yogurt, Honey flavored (100 calorie cup) with raspberries.
Try it! It is like a flavor AND color party in your mouth.
And for a bonus? Two little helpers in the kitchen, up to no good....

6 comments:

Have Your Way said...

Whoo!! I need to cook more thats for sure. My mom is NEVER home so I barely EVER get home cooked meals. I am so ready for home cooked food. I def. got some yesterday and LOVED it!!!

Stefanie D. said...

YUM! Your food looks so delicious!!!

Rachelle Wardle said...

That looks so delicious and great job with all the color. :)

sarah said...

LOL @ poor Kevin's cone. Way to go!! PS Happy Birthday Mama RICE?? hahaha

theWife said...

om nom nom

anna. said...

YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...