Thursday, August 04, 2011

last few weeks in utah.

Mr. D is in Washington state as we speak, on a job interview. Fingers crossed. Funny face.
And... well. We're doing it. Leaving Utah, that is. Not entirely sure where we are going, but going we are.

Plan A is one of the half-dozen places Mr. D has applied to in the last little while.
Plan B is Ohio, if none of those work out by August 25th.
Either way, as we are both jobless, we will be out of our apartment for good at the end of the month.

Even if Washington doesn't work out, we know that whatever happens, is the will of the Lord. SOMEthing is out there for us. Somewhere. We just have to keep being patient till we find it. But patience doesn't mean sitting around waiting for lady luck to come down and bestow jobs and money and white picket fence houses. It means action on our part.

Utah has been my home for seven years. It was the place I went to college, met the love of my life, ran dozens of races (and hundreds of miles), got my first full-time job, and had a baby. Utah will always have a very special place in my heart. I will miss a lot of friends a family. A LOT. And that is an understatement.

But we are ready. Home for me has always been Mr. D, Little D and the Kevs, it doesn't matter where we are. Come what may...
Dinosaur teeth and all. Rawr.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm sad that you guys are leaving but super excited for you guys in this new phase of life. I'm sure it will be full of lots of amazing adventures. I work all this weekend, but next week I work mostly days so we should do Zupas one night. Is Anna still coming out as well? Jon will be in Alaska the 13th through the 21st so I was hoping to spend one of those days with you two.

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

Not to jinx it or anything, but Washington is AWESOME. Change is always so scary, but so exciting. Hang out soonsies?

Rachelle Wardle said...

I may have shed a tear reading this but I am so excited for you and your adorable family. Wherever you end up you will be together. Love your attitude and wish you the best of luck.

I guess I will have to start hanging out with your sister when she comes back. :)

Casey Wood said...

Ruth! I will miss you. Even though we haven't seen each other very often lately, every time we do I really enjoy the visit. You have been such a genuine friend over that last few years. PLEASE lets meet up before you go!

Julia said...

ahhhhhhhh. so sad to read this. but can totally understand. you will never forget this place but you never know what else is out there unless you go out and experience it :) good luck to you all! can we please have a big party before you leave?

anna. said...

dinosaur kissesssss.

<3

sarah said...

<3 <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...