Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

 This is the only photo from the race... I felt great and got 27th place in my age group, 392 overall at 1:52.37.... proof is here:

Overall, I felt great. miles 1-6 I tried to stay with Julia, but the last 7.1 I just tried to keep moving. I know I said my goal was "just to finish" but that is SO hard when you get in racing mode, you know?
I had new music, my foot didn't hurt till after I finished, and while the race started 30 minutes late, it was all downhill. I can't be too upset with my time since I have taken it really REALLY easy the last two weeks and have barely run 8 miles during those 14 days.

I really REALLY wanted to PR. Did I mention Cass finished in 1:29?! That's sick.
She is my idol.

My PR is 1:52.33 so I BARELY missed making that goal to PR by FOUR seconds!!
I think it is safe to say that after I take a month (okay, maybe 3 weeks) off running/training, I will be geared up for a spring marathon!! Now to figure out which one...

6 comments:

Rachelle Wardle said...

Yay Ruth!! You looked so happy and so strong running in. I just love you girl. Congrats!!!

Missy said...

Good job Ruth! That time is amazing! Can't wait to read the recap, have a safe trip!

sarah said...

Holy quad muscles! Great job!! (:

Cory Reese said...

Way to go - this is awesome!

(And.....good luck.)

Have Your Way said...

Whoo you rock for sure!!!
Have a great flight. Praying for safe travels!

K. S. Powers said...

Congrats! You did great! (With my asthma and weirdly-bending legs, I would have placed somewhere between 390-392...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...