Friday, August 26, 2011

friday favorites

Little D is doing SO much these days... it is incredible to me how he is just a learning sponge and is so smart! He really does understand almost everything I say. Like when he runs to the back door because he wants to swing and I tell him he needs to put on his shoes first...
Priceless.
And every time he hears water running he will frantically start making the sign for bath and then beeline for the tub. This morning he was watching "Tom and Jerry" with my mom, the episode where they adopt a duckling who fills the tub (and then the whole house) with water.... he looked at my mom and did the sign for "bath" while doing his little pleading cry.

Speaking of cute kids, 4 year old cousin Benjamin was at the store picking out toothbrushes for everyone in the family, when he picked out a blue hippo one and told his mom that "this one would be a good decision for Baby D." So, Benjamin... here you have it! Baby D's first tooth gumbrushing.
"Thank you!"

And for all of you (meaning my sisters) asking about the status of the Kevs, he is still cone-headed till at least Monday when we see the vet again. He seems comfortable all around the house but gets insanely jealous when little d and I make our way outside. You know when snakes molt [or whatever it's called] and lose their skin? Yeah, that's kinda what's been happening to Kevs' head and ear... I'll spare you the actual image (not that I could get myself to take a picture of it). But he's finally off pain meds and in the last stages of antibiotic treatment. He'll be back to creeping on the wildlife outdoors before we know it!

5 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

OH MY GOSH HE IS GETTING SO BIG!!! I miss you guys already....COME BACK TO ME!! Hope all is well gorgeous girl!

Have Your Way said...

He is SOO big LOVE it!!!

Laura said...

ahhh i love the onesie! I miss you guys :( I hope you are doing fabu ruth!

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

OMG I looked at the first pic and was like "THIS IS THE CUTEST PIC OF DUST I'VE EVER SEEN"... then I looked at the second one and my new fav pic was updated. SO CUTE

anna. said...

smart baby...takes after me, obviously.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...