Monday, November 07, 2011

favorite monday meals

When I started "What I am making Monday" I originally wanted to make artwork and that worked... for about a day! I realized that my true passion I was actually practicing lay in creating healthy and colorful meal combinations! I wish I could eat like this every day, but this is the best of the best of my meals. Not all of them are worthy of their own post [since they are simple and require no real "recipe"], but here are a few of note that I am particularly fond of.
[L] green salad, couscous, italian chicken, roasted carrots; 
[R] peaches, grapes, [can of] pinto beans mixed in with a instant rice mix, tuna, roasted carrots.
 All-time favorite meal? 
Kroger's tortilla-crusted salmon, roasted carrots, green salad, raspberries & greek yogurt.
 My sad attempt at Aunt Michelle's Green Chili Burritos... it will get a post of its own once I can perfect the recipe [she usually improvises and never really measures, making it difficult to replicate the yumminess!].
 stir-fry with egg, tofu, mushrooms and pineapple on the side [I think this was breakfast?]
 eggs with roasted veggies [zucchini, mushrooms, avocado, and 3 or 4 that I can't really remember now... I just throw everything I can find in there!] on a tortilla. I blame the Doritos on Mr. D :)
SmartPasta Angel Hair with veggie spaghetti sauce, 
salad with romaine, avocado, carrots, tomato, ranch and bac-o's.
 And of course... guacamole recipe here. Can there really be any more perfect food??? I think not.

3 comments:

Have Your Way said...

YUM!!!

Now I wanna come over and eat with you!

Stefanie D. said...

Holy crap. You have been eating GOOD. Also, thank you for making me hungry at 9:00 a.m.. :)

Sarah said...

um YUM. making guac...asap (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...