Monday, August 22, 2011

10 hours of traveling + $300 + a cone of shame later...

We have arrived. It is good to be back in the Buckeye state.
Unfortunately, this morning as I was chasing after Kevs to give him his traveling/tranquilizer meds, I grabbed at his neck and got a gush of brown liquid all over my arm.
Yeah, um remember THIS post from two years ago?? You could say it's dejavu.
Animal bite. So we had to cover it up, pray that security wouldn't stop us from taking him (they didn't), and as soon as we got to Ohio, I raced over to the closest 24-Hour Pet Hospital.
Two and a half hours later, I came home with Mr. Cone of Shame himself:
What a crazy crazy day. I keep thinking things will slow down but the last three days have been insane and I've gotten about 8 hours of sleep total. Kevs is fine (but man does he hate that cone!) and is currently locked in the bathroom attempting to eat/go to the bathroom/get someone to let him out.

So surprisingly enough, Little D was the least of our worries. We fed him snacks nonstop, played with every toy and book I brought, and watched a slew of mini movies of him (his favorite thing to do). Traveling with him was actually really great this time.

As we were landing on our first leg of the trip, he actually fell asleep in my arms (yeah... he hasn't done that since the first week home from the hospital!) and stayed asleep for an hour!

Phew. Two of my three boys are safe and (relatively) happy under one roof. But the other one got to go  golfing today, so I know he's good. He only has to survive the 24-hour drive out here this weekend till I see him again! Miss you, Mr. D! Now I NEED to get some sleep...

7 comments:

Have Your Way said...

Im glad to hear that you arrived safe.
Ahh I hope Kevin gets better soon!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

He does look pretty put out in the cone of shame! poor guy :)

Rachelle Wardle said...

Man what a trip. I am glad you are there safely. Love you and miss you already.

Missy said...

Glad you had a safe and non-crazy trip back. Sorry to hear about Mr. Kevs!

Cory Reese said...

Have you ever had a buckeye? Some family from Ohio made them for us once....some kind of peanut butter and chocolate ball. Look it up....amazing!

Stefanie D. said...

Don't you love vet bills? We had to take Winston to the emergency vet and it ended up being 200 + dollars. Just to clean out his ear, and give him some eye drops. AWESOME. So glad you made it!!

anna. said...

hope the kevs is doing better. poor mr. cone of shame...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...