Friday, July 22, 2011

the 1st birthday recap

Initially, I wanted this HUGE themed party for little D, complete with party favors and everything I could find that had "one year old" monogrammed on it. Thankfully I have a budget-conscious hubby that I know would throw an absolute fit in spending so much money on something our little man could not care less about. So I decided to keep is simple. REALLY simple.

Little D and I started out the big day with a trip to Zurcher's [a party store] where we spent the better part of an hour pointing at every one of their 200 balloons and saying "hi" to all 5 of the Justin Beiber cutouts. My only gift to him was his favorite thing in the whole world. I let him pick out a few balloons, and couldn't resist getting a RED balloon, just like the one from his Goodnight Moon book.
At the absolute last minute (um, night before. I am an awesome planner, I know) I decided to invite a few people over for cake and ice cream. Funniest part about getting the cake was when we were strolling down the aisles at the grocery store, Little D started frantically signing "more" and "eat" and pointing to the strawberries! Needless to say, I bought him those strawberries, but not before he had eaten 1/4 of the container! I am so so glad I decided to teach him how to sign.
We also went to the pet store (one of our favorite activities, because it's cheaper than the zoo) to look at animals and buy Kevs some treats. At least I THOUGHT we were buying them for Kevin...
 After opening the gazillion presents my parents and siblings had sent him (THANK YOU!!!!), we made haste for a serious photo shoot before the rain hit/he stained his clothes too much/all the balloons popped.
     

 



6 comments:

Julia said...

looks like he had the BEST first birthday. he is getting cuter every day :)

Cheri said...

Where are all the cake in the face pictures?

Eric and Andrea said...

What a fun day. And I second Cheri's comment! :)

QuinnerTheWinner and AnnieBannanie said...

Cutest, happiest one-year-old pictures ever! Happy Birthday Baby D! I'm sad we missed out on the festivities- My girl needs to meet your handsome little fella asap:-)

anna. said...

he better still be crawling like a dinosaur when i come visit next month. CANT WAITTT!!

sarah said...

i am still disappointed that you didn't buy a jb cutout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...