Monday, June 13, 2011

What I'm Making Monday:

When I found out the woodshop teacher at our high school had LOADS of scraps that he was just going to throw away, I immediately asked him to give my painting class all his scraps! We had a fun little home decor unit as a final project, and this was my demo. I found similar sized blocks, painted them white (again, with the gesso) and had some fun doing the lettering with black acrylic paint.
I have always been a big fan of typography, like this little painting I did for my dad a few years ago:
I am loving the trees but still iffy about the lettering. The best thing about painting is that I can always paint over it if I think of a better idea. Why else do you think I love painting? :)
Speaking of painting and commissions, I recently auctioned my services for a Girl's Camp Fundraiser in our ward (it sold for $100), so I will be working on a family portrait this summer for our Bishop's wife...eek! Good thing my MIL is coming into town for the whole month of July or I do not know when I would find the time to finish such an important painting! I'll be sure to keep posting on the progress of said painting... once I can get it started!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love that - so creative and cute!

Have Your Way said...

lovely!! I LOVE it!!

Missy said...

That looks great! Very creative!

Baby Making Mama said...

GORGEOUS mama! You did an awesome job! I love typography too! And you are PAINTING a family?????!!!! I must see more of this work of yours! Talk about talent!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...