Tuesday, June 07, 2011

What I'm Making Monday: They don't call me the Red Sox Wife for nothing!

I figured since I have always had an excuse to be making stuff (because you gotta practice what you preach, right?) that I would motivate myself to continue making stuff by posting it here! 

This table top is one of those super cheapo wooden side tables that I was about to throw away... and decided to have some fun painting with instead! I applied white acrylic gesso (or primer) all over the table and legs before painting it all black (using acrylic paint). I traced the large and smaller circles but free handed the Red Sox logo just for fun...I am sure it would have been much easier if I had traced it! :)
Little known fact: every time I have made a Boston-sports related artwork since we have been married (Red Sox ceramic thing in 2007, Celtics paintings in 2008), they have won the championship. Coincidence? We will have to see come October!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's so cool - you're very creative!

Have Your Way said...

love!

Rachelle Wardle said...

Love this! You need to keep sharing all of the things you create. I love this idea.

I have a bunch of those stupid ikea tables that I have been wanting to do something with and you have inspired me! :)

Julia said...

this is AWESOME! you are so talented!

Bianca said...

you are good luck!! make one every year:)

Missy said...

Very cute! Hope it's good luck!

sarah said...

LOVE THIS. too too much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...