Monday, June 20, 2011

What I'm Making Monday: Best Salad Ever and Best Muffins Ever.

If I were stranded on a deserted island and could only live off of three things, I would choose these muffins, my cobb salad, and Mr. D's homemade ice cream with berries.

The good news is, even without being stranded on an island, I still got to eat all three of those heavenly treats in the last week!
 The brown ones (and mini ones) are the pumpkin, lighter ones are banana. And muffins are rejected in my house if they don't have the requisite amount of chocolate chips.

Grandma Patsy's Best-Ever Banana Muffins:
3 large (ripe) bananas, mashed + 3/4 c sugar + 1 egg + 1 tsp baking soda 
+ 1/2 tsp salt + 2 c all-purpose flour + 1/2 c melted butter (I use 1/2 c plain chobani)= Mix.
Bake @ 350' 18-20 mins. Makes 12 heavenly muffins.

Grandma Patsy's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 2/3 c flour + 1 c sugar + 1 T pumpkin pie spice + 1/4 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt + 1 tsp baking soda + 2 large eggs + 1 c plain pumpkin + 1/2 c melted butter + 1 c chocolate chips= Mix.
Bake @350' 20-25 minutes. Again, 12 heavenly muffins.
(or 4 large ones and 24 mini ones, in my case)

And... the piece d'resistance: BEST SALAD EVER is a salad with all my favorite things:
bacon+cheese+lettuce+tomato+egg+avocado+carrots+corn.
I think this salad weighed more than my cat. It is HUGE but so so heavenly. I only made it last night and it's already almost gone... looks like I have some grocery shopping to do!

3 comments:

Have Your Way said...

MMM I LOVE muffins like my fave!!!

Salads!! YUMMY

Stefanie D. said...

Wow, where have I been?? There is so much good stuff on your blog!! Ok, well there always is. :) I am making muffins. DONE.

anna. said...

omg YUM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...