Tuesday, June 07, 2011

my very first green smoothie

actually wasn't as scary as it looked. And it made 3 cups, so enough to last me the next few days.

"Antioxidant Power Smoothie"... via Smith's mailer.

2 cups chopped fresh spinach (washed, no stems)
1/2 c frozen blueberries
1 ripe banana
1 small cored, chopped apple
1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I may have been a bit more generous with my cinnamon)
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt (I used greek)

And... blend it all up!!
And yes, I post recipes on my fridge so I remember to make them. Doesn't everyone?
Even Baby D loved him some Green Smoothie. 
MMM I will definitely be making this again!

8 comments:

Have Your Way said...

I've never had a green smoothie. I may have to make one

Eric and Andrea said...

I drink green smoothies ALL the time. LOVE THEM!

Merrick said...

Did Mr. D try it? Cause Philip won't come near a green smoothie. But Peanut and I LOVE them!

Kiley said...

Mmmm...green smoothies rock!

Lindsey said...

I love green smoothies! I really like to put a little bit of lemon or lime juice into mine. But then our blender broke... :(

Haley @ Climb Run Lift Mom said...

Mmmmm :) I love green smoothies!! I'll have to try your recipe :)

sarah said...

spinach = yuck. but more power to you + baby d!!

Stefanie D. said...

Yummmm. I need to try this, beacause I have a bunch of baby spinach that needs to be eaten ASAP. Thanks for the recipe!!! Also...I forgot to mention in one of your previous post, that I have suddenly developed a love for French Onion Soup. And then you posted about how you had never tried it before. Um...I will clean that up for you. Pronto. :)Might I also add that I have always HATED onion?? I'm not sure where this new love is coming from.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...