Monday, May 09, 2011

weekend update: Mothers & Brothers

Casey made the trek from up north on Friday...and she's due in a few weeks with baby #2 and looks incredible!!
We did two of my favorite things together: shopping (I spent $35 to buy 19 pieces of baby clothes..what a steal!) and Zupa's. What a fabulous Friday night.
 Saturday morning I spent 6-10am volunteering at the Provo Half Marathon, which I ran only two years ago. If you have never volunteered at a race before, I definitely recommend it. I have always had a love for volunteers, but MAN is it a TON of work, but TOTALLY worth it to see so many friends running and get the opportunity to cheer them on!

Rachelle (who got 3rd in her age group!), Rochelle (it was her FIRST half marathon!), and Julia (who ran just over 2 hours in her first post-injury race and is running the UV marathon in 5 weeks) and Laura BLAZED past me at my water/gatorade station between miles 3 and 4... I would never have even seen them had they not hollered my name! :) I had hoped to take pictures but it went by so fast!

I was only home about 20 minutes when Jess called me and happened to be in town for the day, which was good since I was more than a little bummed about missing my breakfast with Stefanie since the volunteering took so long. Baby D spent the better part of the pre-naptime hour teaching lovely Lily how to use the computer...
.... I got some sweet mother's day goodies
 And then rewarded myself by going on the hottest, crying-est 6 miler with Cassidy. We got a lot of funny/dirty looks for having (alternating) fussing/crying babies. Cass, you are AMAZING for running that with me!
Saturday night I was craving a big salad... so with a gift card to Chili's we made our way.
Thank goodness for the 30 minute wait outside--the weather was so yummy.
Yummy like those blue eyes.
  Mother's Day Sunday
 Ended having Uncles Cory and Mike come over so we could wait for 2 hours to finally talk to Uncle Brady, who is on an LDS mission in California and will be back and out here with Uncle Blake in 6 weeks... get ready, Utah. All FIVE brothers within about 10 miles of each other? This should be interesting...
 With Uncle Mike,
And Uncle Cory.

9 comments:

Have Your Way said...

Awww looks like you enjoyed your lovely Mother's day Weekend!!! I've heard so many amazing things about UTAH but I've never been there! Have a great Monday with your students!

Rachelle Wardle said...

Thank you so much for the shout out Ruth you are the sweetest person I know. Thank you so much for volunteering at the race. I seriously think that volunteering is harder than running, especially in that heat so thank you so much!

It looks like you had a great weekend and I love all of the pictures. :)

Stefanie D. said...

What? Only $35 dollars for all of those clothes?? You must tell me your secret. :) OK. We need to get together SOON. Looks like you had a very busy and fun weekend! Have a great day!

Have Your Way said...

I have to take praxis 2 in order to get my license. Not good enough score in ohio, then no license and no teaching job. Im glad I graduated too!! Thanks for the encouragement!

Julia said...

those blue eyes really are amazing. LOVE them!

you are too sweet for the mention. I LOVED seeing you! It was seriously awesome seeing a friendly familiar face...and I am glad it was early enough in the race before I was delirious from the heat :) haha!

lets hang out soon! invite me next time you all plan breakfast so that I can watch your all's babies fall in love ;)

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

your treats look so yummy! i am glad you had a great mothers day!

anna. said...

hah love the pics w/ his uncles. at the rate baby d is growing, he'll be as big as you in another 9 months...

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

AHHH I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF BEING WITH YOU TONIGHT!! Can I have your phone number so I can text you all day long. ZUPAS IS DELiCIOUS and you got a killer deal. Girl, you look absolutely GORGEOUS and Baby D is officially my very favoritest!!! I need some of you mother's day goodies:) LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!

MrsQ318 said...

Just found your blog and I am now a follower! :)

Your little one is TOO precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...