Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summertime, Firetrucks and Smallville

Today is Three Tangent Thursday!
Where I share three completely random things about myself...

Tangent #1: BYU sports are nearly over with for the school year since summer is almost here... 
so guess who finally has her weekends/datenights back??? That would be ME! Wahoo!!
So someone please explain to me how we're dealing with this in the middle of May:
When just a few days ago, we were doing a whole lotta this??
Tangent #2: We had a firetruck outside our house at 3am yesterday and it made me think about what three things I would grab before bolting out if our place was on fire [it wasn't. no idea why there was a firetruck and police car and ambulance out here. other than that we live in the ghetto.]:
-Baby D [duh. and I assume Mr. would make his own way out]
-Our file of important documents (wedding license, birth certificate, etc)
-My laptop. All those pictures!!
Also... I would grab my BOB if it was right by the door to make a speedy getaway with all my goods (knowing full well who would probably already be stashed in the front seat)!
My baby boy is so grown up... Seriously, does it go by this fast for everyone, or just the moms who work full time?? At 10 months (TODAY!), he sleeps through the night, between 10-12 hours [usually 8 to 7ish, we had a few rough patches when he would wake up crying at 5 am, but a few "cry it out" sessions with pillows covering our heads took care of that] and two good naps [Don't worry, I definitely just jinxed myself. Again. Just like I do every month...so I have no plans to talk about Baby D's sleeping habits Ever. Again.] I know I may complain about him (and the extra lbs he came with) but I seriously love this kid TO PIECES. He is the most perfect little dude.
Tangent #3: Am I the only one who is completely devastated that Smallville is over? I mean, it has only taken over my life the last 10 years. It was one thing to have to watch the end of Friends (I may have taken a day off of school in "mourning" for that one), The O.C. and then The Hills, but those 200+ episodes of Smallville were seriously AWE.SOME. The first and last seasons being my most favorite and I may have cried a little bit at the end of the last episode. How can you not fall in love with Superman?? I'm still a little bitter they chose some other guy over Tom Welling for the next Superman movie...
I would kill for those abs of steel.
Okay, not really but I am working on getting rid of this:
(in case you were wondering where those 10 pounds are as of last week)
Like I said, I'm working on it. I'm not even that upset about it anymore.
I'm changing up the workouts, eating healthier (eating more nutrient-dense foods), drinking more water, you know, the stuff we are supposed to do in the first place. Thanks for the weekly "trainer tips", Bob and Jillian. OH WAIT they aren't both going to be on The Biggest Loser anymore either. Boo.

Why do all my favorite shows leave me???
I am off to drown my sorrows in half hour increments of Hills reruns. 
[At least until my USWeekly comes in the mail tomorrow.]
Starting with Episode #1.
Trashy TV has less guilt than trashy foods, right??

I told you this post would be random.

Ok... your turn! Three tangents about YOU!

7 comments:

Have Your Way said...

yay to you almost having your date nights back! If I lived in Utah I would totally go running with you or even offer to babysit Baby D for FREE but sad news is I live in lovely Ohio which has Seattle weather right now! My favorite show is One Tree Hill and I have YET to watch the season finale from Tuesday but its okay! Ill be so sad when it ends. I would grab my cell phone, my laptop and probably my Bible( in my apt right now so yeah)

Debbie said...

Wow, Baby D is 10 months!!! That just makes me realize even more how long it has been since I last saw you (prepregnancy!!) Oh, and I think you look great! You with your extra pounds is skinnier than me anytime!

Rachelle Wardle said...

I am so glad I am not the only person that is obsessed with trashy tv and trashy magazines. :)

Call it my guilty pleasure! I love your tangents and all of your randomness. And yes baby D is totally worth it.

Missy said...

Oh no! I knew Jillian was leaving but Bob is leaving too! What are they doing to us?! I do like Brett and Kara, but come on!
You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Rochelle said...

I'm so obsessed with trashy tv shows and magazines too - best thing to read while working out on a treadmill.

PS I need to find your motivation - I've gaine 6 lbs in the last few weeks and I can't find the motivation to try and lose them...but I totally need to, in order to feel better and kick trash at UV. PS You can do it. Sorry I missed your last post -I've been a blogger slacker lately!

And we so need to get together and run or talk or run and talk! I am in need of some running mothers to talk to! I'll message you on facebook my phone number so you can really get a hold of me! And plus we are totally running the UV half together right? I'll be right there to cheer you on!!

sarah said...

HE IS GETTING SO BIG AHHHHH

anna. said...

SYTYCD has to be starting soon.

dont forget!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...