Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Races always evoke some dread about pain that will come. But we can't escape the fact that the more discomfort we accept in a race, the faster we will run. Successful racing means courting the pain."

John Elliott 

Well, my nine miler on Saturday was actually a breeze... thanks to these three girls.
[Me, Julia, Rochelle, and Stef]
The incredible thing about running with a group of girls is that as the minutes blur into miles, it doesn't matter if you have kids, are married, working full time or doing school or whatever.... you are runners. And together we chatted for an hour and a half! What a bunch of rockstars.
Nine miles really makes me feel like I can handle this half marathon in a few weeks!
My left knee and arch of my left foot were a little sore (random, I know) but hopefully the foam roller workshop tomorrow will help me learn how to stretch a little better.

5 comments:

sarah said...

SO PROUD OF YOU! how did you do that splits thing?! is that on your ipod or something? so. awesome. you are a rockstar (:

Rachelle Wardle said...

Awesome job girl and you look stunning in the picture.

Foam roller workshop? Details I need details. I have owned a foam roller for 3 months and only used it twice and I am pretty sure I am not using it correctly.

Julia said...

seriously may have been the best run ever!! I cannot wait to repeat it this saturday :)

Stefanie D. said...

Yay! It really did go by so fast, huh? My left knee was hurting me that day too. Random. Excited to do this again this weekend!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

cute cute girls! so fun you all got together! just photoshop my in there. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...