Thursday, May 19, 2011

Overnight French Toast made with Kneaders' Chunky Cinnamon Bread


This is my absolute favorite breakfast in the whole wide world... 
and the best part is you can make it the night before 
and pop it into the oven first thing in the morning. 
Sorry, Farmer's Casserole, you have just been replaced for General Conference breakfast.

Someday I will learn the secret recipe to that heavenly Chunky Cinnamon Bread.
Don't be grossed out. I had a hard time not eating this stuff straight out the oven.
Also, eating/drinking applesauce out of a glass is a Kron family tradition.
Totally. Normal.
TO GET:
  • One loaf Kneader's Chunky Cinnamon Bread, cut into 8 pieces (unless you are like me and need to buy two loaves so you can eat one of them while using the other to bake)
  • Eight eggs
  • Three cups milk
  • One tablespoon brown sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • One tablespoon vanilla
  • Two tablespoons butter
TO DO:
· Generously butter a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Set butter aside.
· Place bread in baking dish.
· Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl until completely blended.
· Pour mixture over bread.
· Cut butter into small pieces and sprinkle over bread.
· Cover and refrigerate overnight, or for at least four hours.
· Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
· Serves six to eight people. (that is, until you realize this stuff is like crack a little bit addicting then it only serves 2... if the other person is lucky)

*This may have a bazillion calories (remember my 10 pound weight gain? I think eating 3/4 of this pan had something to do with it?) but let me tell you, WORTH EVERY CALORIE. Pure Heaven. Top it with some fruit and a dash of powdered sugar... soooo good.

7 comments:

Julia said...

this looks like the most amazing thing I will have ever eaten when I make this! I still have yet to go to kneaders...sad I know.

Have Your Way said...

looks YUMMY!! I LOVE french toast!!

Samantha said...

Anything with "chunky" in the title is usually good :)

This sounds awesome!

sarah said...

is there any other way to consume applesauce?

karajean said...

This looks heavenly! I may have to try it this Sunday.

Rachelle Wardle said...

Yum! Can we go ahead and schedule that blogger pot lock already? I will be glad to be the non-cooking host. :) We can rent out my clubhouse and the kids can swim while we all eat.

Stefanie D. said...

Yummmm. It was so so good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...