Saturday, May 28, 2011

my FIRST (post baby) double digit run!

wake up at 5:30 am to go the the bathroom 5 times before heading out to the canyon in the freezing cold ?? check.
Meet up with the loveliest Julia and Rachelle to survive a 10 miler? Check.
Don't worry, my legs are there... I know they are transparent and a bit hard to make out, but if you squint really hard, you will see them. You would think I would have time to tan with the weather being so nice lately...
Oh, right. Utah decided to play hardball with me and try to be Ohio and actually HAVE a spring. Well, joke's on you, Utah, I've LOVED the rain the last few weeks, and now that it has felt like spring for longer than a minute I am actually ready for summertime.
Post run fuel? Julia's yummy cookies!! I was so sad I had to share them, but this is perfect evidence of what happens when I try to put any food in my mouth these days...
We really did have a great run, despite the fact that I still had this raging cough (and forgot cough drops of course!), Julia was not feeling well either, and Rachelle...well, the woman just ran a marathon last week! We did miss Stef (and her burstitis!) and I think I am getting runner's knee because it hurts a bit to go down stairs?? If anyone has any tips for me on that one, please fill me in!

Special props go out to Mr. D for watching our Baby D (who woke up at 6am this morning?!?!) while I ran, and for Julia and Rachelle for listening to my verbal vomit ramblings for almost 100 minutes. :)

Best part of the morning went to 9:45am, right after I put Baby D down for a nap and took a shower to discover Mr. D fast asleep... so I joined him for a heavenly (and much needed) 2 hour nap!!

Now this next part is mostly for my records, but I know Julia didn't want to see our splits (they were better than last week, so at least I thought we did great!) so Julia, cover your eyes.. now:
And Surah, that is not from my ipod (ha! I wish)... it is from my Garmin FR 210.
Best running buddy on the planet.
Redsoxwife. Out.

6 comments:

Lisa Staples said...

You did great! Good Run :)

sarah said...

hahaha baby d looks like he is attempting to choke you to get that cookie.. just love (: i need to buy a garmin!! help me pick one out? (: slash SO PROUD OF YOU for double-digiting!! i can't wait to go on long runs with you if you are still in utah when i get back!! (:

Kiley said...

Nice run! your kiddo is so cute. Love it!

Haley @ Climb Run Lift Mom said...

Nice run :) I'm so jealous you got the cookies! They look delicious!! Hope your knee feels better soon :)

Missy said...

Good job on your run! Don't worry we have the white legs in common lol This is the first weekend I have been in the sun yet!

Stefanie D. said...

Um hello. Those splits are awesome!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! My hip is feeling much better today, and I think I can crank out 10! I'm thinking I'll run 4 before the race, and then run the 10K with you gals. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...