Friday, May 27, 2011

friday favorites

I've had this nasty virus/cough thing for a week now. Boo. It didn't hurt my 9 miler last weekend, but its been killing me this week... I got some meds but thanks to THIS PLAYLIST (compliments of Mr. D, my music guru), I was able to muscle through 5 miles yesterday and 3 the day before:
 
Now you all know I am embarrassingly hard core with my gangsta music. Kind of like these thugs:
So with a few prescription meds, round the clock cough drops and a constant stream of hot cocoa (with mini marshmallows) Surah left me, I should be raring to go for my first 10 miler tomorrow!
Maybe then I can conquer some house cleaning... I think its been too long since I last cleaned.
before you go calling CPS on me, remember Baby D doesn't put anything in his mouth.

Now the next two pics are purely for my mother's entertainment...She's already seen the new "Pirates" twice and I am thinking maybe its because she needs more pictures to look at on my blog to entertain her.

Happy FRIDAY FRIDAY!

9 comments:

Julia said...

AWW! I love all your pics. Every blog post...love them.

I am sorry you have been sick! Maybe there is just something in the air this week...blah. Hoping we can all still enjoy/muscle out that 10 miler tomorrow! looking forward to seeing you!!

Have Your Way said...

I have been feeling quite icky as well. Cute pictures of baby D!!! I LOVE hot chocolate!!!

Rachelle Wardle said...

I am so sorry you don't feel well Ruth! I hope you start feeling better and I am so excited to run with you tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Love love love the pictures! So cute. And seriously grandmas are hilarious when it comes to toys. I bet my mom has bought $500 worth of toys for all the grandkids and all they want is a plastic water bottle and the remote! ha

I am going to go get some mini gatorades and water bottles tonight so we can drop some water along the route for tomorrow. Yay rest up and feel better!

Haley @ Climb Run Lift Mom said...

Hope you feel better! Good luck on your 10 miler :) Adorable pics!

Rochelle said...

Dang I'm sorry you are sick! And your baby is so freaking cute! Love the pics. We need to have a playdate!!

Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. said...

I hope you feel 100% asap! It's gotta be tough being under the weather AND a mommy! At least your little man is a STUD :)

Stefanie D. said...

I love your captions!! Too funny. :) I am so glad you are feeling better! I have been so lucky not to get sick so far this year. Knock on wood! I am still planning for tomorrow...I'm excited!!! ...like almost crazy levels of excited to do something like running 10 miles. I mean seriously, what kind of normal people get excited about running for almost two hours?

Maskmario10 said...

Love the comics! And, Ruth, There's something my blog won't let me do. Can I have some help?

Daphne said...

You're braver than I am. I'm skipping my 10-miler tomorrow due to my, uh, "productive cough."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...