Friday, April 29, 2011

sugar fast: 3 days down, 4 to go!

STOP TEMPTING ME, LITTLE DEBBIE!!
Yesterday was SO so hard.... definitely the hardest to "just say no" so chocolate (I swear I could hear those Swiss Rolls calling my name from the Walmart across the street!). Not only was it my anniversary, but for a majority of the evening I was dealing with a crankypants Baby D and Mr. D had to work and I didn't get my endorphins in, since after mutual at the Carl Bloch exhibit (where Baby D discovered how echo-ey the MOA is, and the guards kept trying to shush him) we visited Mr. D at the BYU baseball game and Baby D just had a total meltdown. So by the time I put him to bed at 8:30, all I could think of was this cake Bananas made us last year:
 But I stuck to my guns and today doesn't feel so bad... but then again its only 8am. Oh, and to show you my mad cooking skills and make you feel better about yourself (especially Have your way, who had a little burnt cheesecake incident yesterday), here is what happens when I attempt to make Chocolate chip pecan pie (pic from 2008) which I am ALSO craving at the moment, even after looking at this not so delectable picture....
yikes, I know. jealous?

Off to actually have a anniversary celebration (its a secret!) but more on that tomorrow :)

Any tips to help me control the cravings???

5 comments:

Julia said...

oh man. I don't know how you do it with the no sugar...and during your anniversary!! you have a will of steel! I wish I had advice but I really do not know what I would do without my sugar...especially right now with all the crazy stuff at school! haha.

keep it up! you are almost there!

Have Your Way said...

Thanks for the shoutout!! Hah! Oooo that pecan pie looks like it should have met my cheesecake! I have been doing well on the sugar fast as well :) Im blogging about it today!!! xx from Ohio!

Rachelle Wardle said...

You are doing great girl I so proud of you. Especially doing this during your anniversary week. You seriously are a rockstar!

I found sugar free chocolate pudding and also you can find sugar free candy if you look hard enough. ha ha you are almost there and you can do it!

Enjoy your anniversary weekend you totally deserve it!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

You're doing such a great job--I don't know if I could do it after my anniversary! I'm dealing with the cravings with lots of fruit and some sugar free gum for something extra sweet. You know, even that gum tastes almost TOO sweet now. How weird is that?
:)

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

YAY! Keep going Ruth! (I am sorta doing this with you. It's not too bad :)

Love Miss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...