Saturday, April 02, 2011

#101: Meet HungryRunnerGirl

Um, yes, meeting HungryRunnerGirl (our own little Utah running mini-celebrity) has been on my "to do" list (and Day Zero List) for ages. Next to meeting Kara Goucher (who is my #1), she is my #2 running IDOL and #1 favorite blog to read. I mean, the girl qualified for Boston with a 3:04 at Top of Utah (the Marathon I am hoping to do this fall)! SHE IS SO FAST!

I watch the Boston Marathon every year online... someday, someday I will run it. Until then I will live vicariously through Janae. April 18th, baby.

What an amazing girl. You know how before you meet someone, you have this incredibly inflated idea/hope for how that person is in real life? Well, HRG lived up to all that and then some. What a genuinely sweet girl. Not to mention Baby D absolutely adored her!! (Photo credits go to her, since my camera is still acting up). Plus she gave us coupons for 3 ounces of free froyo...can the girl GET any more awesome?!
All the other girls there for the blogger meetup.... don't mind the fact that I was going for a post-froyo run and was the only girl who looked like she just rolled out of bed in her workout clothes (seriously, I am the only one not wearing jeans. nice). I wish I could have spent more time with these sweet girls, but socializing with Baby D is like entertaining a monkey while trying to fly a plane... pretty much impossible. Next meetup I am going to actually look like I showered for the day :)
Augh, I LOVE having more fellow runner/bloggers to motivate and inspire me!!
Look forward to a post on my AWESOME run this afternoon! What a gorgeous day....

8 comments:

Meggs said...

No way! I took my sis there today and totally saw the large group of girls...how did I miss you?

Julia said...

I think it is AWESOME that you were going for a run after! I debated even showering after my run...then remembered that Janae LOVES pictures and thought I should at least wash my hair...haha! It was SO awesome to meet you today. Excited to keep in touch! Hope your run went well :)

Stefanie D. said...

It was so awesome to meet you!! I can't wait to start reading your blog!! I honestly threw on clothes and make up and ran out the door! Nothing special going on with me! LOL. I have been known to sport my running apparel for 24 hours...with maybe no shower throughout the day. Ew, I know. :)

Rochelle said...

It was good to see you! I wish we could have talked more! Dang big table! And you're little boy was so cute! It made me sad I didn't bring mine, but I know what you mean by it being a handful to have them around while trying to do ANYTHING! So excited to read your blog and next time around we will talk!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

so i didn't get to chat with you much cause you were sitting on the other side, but i am glad i found your blog so now i can just stalk you instead! perfect! you babe is super cute, we were admiring him from a distance. he was just so happy!

MuncherCruncher said...

It was so nice to meet you! Your baby was TO DIE FOR. So precious! I'm glad you liked the cookies too! Yay for new bloggy friends!! xoxoxo

ashley & sundance said...

Isn't Janae the most awesome, sweetest, most darling girl ever? I was star-struck the first time I met her, too. :)

umm Baby D is so dang cute. loved his lil' mohawk and his baby blue eyes. I hope that when it's our turn to have lil' babes that ours can be as cute as he is!

It was great meeting you yesterday and I'm so excited to have another blog to stalk. woot! :)

Rachelle Wardle said...

It was so good to meet you yesterday. You are absolutely beautiful and your baby is about the cutest thing on earth.

I am excited to follow you blog. Have a great sunday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...