Friday, March 04, 2011

BIGFOOT.

As many of you may well know, I have a pretty serious obsession with cute shoes. I love love love them and for years have been collecting them (mostly thanks to DSW's end of summer sale!). Well sad news, because the last few days I have been trying to put on a pair of shoes here or there and NONE OF THEM FIT ME!!!

I mean, everyone told me your feet grow during pregnancy, but I was in my running shoes 24/7 because they were more comfortable so I never noticed. When I got my new running shoes they put me in size 8.5 (up a half size) because the ones they were putting me in initially felt way too small (a running store, by the way, is the only time I ever try on shoes without paying attention to price, size, or style/color. It's all about how they feel).

I suppose I am partly to blame for a problem 7 months in the making.. I have been wearing my newly acquired pairs of boots pretty much every time I am not wearing running shoes, so this week has been a bit of a shock. Out of about 2 dozen pairs of shoes I purchased pre-pregnancy, there are about 2 pairs that fit me comfortably.

:( It makes me feel like crying, especially because it has taken me SO long to get all those pairs of shoes and now I will have to start all over from scratch (because unlike in my high school days, where I would squeeze into size 6's out of sheer vanity [and because that was the size my best friend wore] I REFUSE to wear shoes now that are too small/super uncomfortable to even walk to church in).

I guess what I am saying is that if there is anyone out there who wants some cute size 7 shoes, they are all yours. Otherwise, they are just going to DI. Because I'll be completely honest...I can't bear to look at them if I can't wear them. It's almost as if they are mocking me, taunting... "big-foot, big-foot!"

On a completely different tangent... click here to read an article on the 6 Biggest Loser contestants who are LDS. I suppose that's not something to be terribly proud of (to get on the show you need to be at the point where you need to lose at least 100 pounds) but just another reason to watch the best show on TV :) As if you needed an excuse, right? It is, after all, the only show where losing is winning.

2 comments:

sarah said...

i guarantee micaela would LOVE any/all pairs of shoes you could give her. she is a size seven. she is obsessed with shoes. at least you have running shoes, though and let's face it that's all that really matters.. (:

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

You went from a 7 to an 8.5? That's crazy!

We should do a little shoe trade la de da. I have two plastic buckets full of shoes downstairs that are either too big (Im a 7-7.5)or just won't work with a prosthetic...mainly heels :)
SHOE PARTY!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...