Tuesday, February 22, 2011

5 things I learned on my "maternity leave"

1) I can get away with less pumping...I've been pumping 5 times or more a day while Baby D only eats 4. So now, instead of pumping during lunch (which is short enough anyway), I go from pumping during my prep to pumping after school. Literally gives me half my lunch back.

2) I can get away with less working out. I already lost the (Baby D) weight and have decided to nix the 5am workouts (unless, of course, I'm already up for a Baby D feeding at 5am, then I can option back into a gym workout). I can either run in the afternoon with Baby D in the BOB, or if he is sleeping, I can use one of my amazing TBL DVD's to get in a few workouts a week. At this point I need my sleep more than I need 5am workouts. I can be hardcore in the summer when I'm marathon training.

3) I need to eat healthier. This goes along with #2, because I usually eat whatever I want, knowing I have that 5am calorie burn... but if I eat healthier I can at least zero out instead of gaining weight. Bountiful Baskets should help with that, I am trying it this week for the first time. $15 for a whole lot of produce is quite the steal! And I'm planning on using some ideas from Healthy Mom's Kitchen, since she bases her family-friendly recipes around the Bountiful Baskets. I truly believe that I have more energy and am a happier person when I eat healthy 80% of the time. Gotta have my treats, right??

4) I need to spend less time in front of a screen. Computer, TV, whatever, I need to be a good example to Baby D and just learn to disconnect myself. I have so much more time when I do.

5) I need to manage my weekend time wisely. Actually use it to recoup and refresh myself, getting some stuff (ie, cleaning) done from my To Do list during the week instead of letting it all pile up for the weekend.
_____________________________________________________________________
5 Things I already knew but was reminded of during my "maternity leave":
1) Mr. D is the best. I love him so much. He supports me 110% and I can't imagine going through this without him.
2) Baby D is hysterical. I love love love that boy.
3) I have a sweet job.
4) I love running.
5) Prayer (as cheesy as it sounds) really does work. And someday, eventually, winter will finally give way to spring. Halleluja.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Ruth, you'll have to tell me how you like Bountiful Baskets. I have a friend that just started it and love love loves the fresh fruit. I'm excited to see you guys on Thursday!

cassidy Merrill said...

I love that you call this your maternity leave! Ha you poor thing! Good job girl! It sounds like the week off was well spent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...