Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scrumptious Sunday....two days late

The "poor college student's" Crunchy Pecan Chicken
Throw a few whole pecans with a lot of corn flakes into the food processor.
(hey! pecan's are super expensive!)
Dip cut up (thawed and uncooked) chicken breasts in egg substitute, then in pecan/corn flake mix.
Place chickens in foil-lined 9x13 pan (saves you on the cleanup later!).
Bake at 375' for 25-30 minutes.... yum. Serve with ranch.
And then I made Banana Bread. I won't bother with the recipe, since it was just the Better Homes and Garden version, nothing special, but I have this thing with mashed bananas... I can't stand them. Seriously. I think I have maybe made banana bread twice in my whole life (this being the second time, of course) and I even made Mr. D open the bananas for me because I just couldn't touch them... gross. But oh, do I love banana bread. I guess the last time I made it and it turned out all mushy is because the recipe is supposed to make TWO loaves, and last time I poured the whole mix into one pan. oooh. Double yum because I can eat it for breakfast for the next few days (assuming it lasts that long).
Then I remembered it didn't have chocolate chips (and Mr. D probably wouldn't eat any unless it did) so I sprinkled some on the warm bread, stuck it in the over for a few minutes, then spread the chocolate chips like frosting and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden. Nothing like Grandma Patsy's frosting.... yum yum yum yum yum...

And of course, what would a proper meal be without a side of rolls?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

the rolls, the rolls! I love rolls - all kinds. :) It's so disappointing to get to Granny's and find I've just missed you guys... it's like she's teasing me!

One of these days I hope we meet up - it's been too long and babies grow too fast!

ps send me your address

anna. said...

bahaha. rolls. love it ( :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...